After you file

I have the 570 code same cycle code and March 2nd date! I’ve been freaked out about it because it’s the first year I’ve seen a code like this on my transcripts. The only thing that has changed is that I started a new job on May 2019. I’ve seen so many people say that the 570 code means offsets, review, audit. Not to “expect” my return anytime soon. 

Soo I called the IRS. And the guy didn’t ask any info but as soon as I mentioned the 570 code he was like when did you file? I said like the 26th or 27th and he said and do you have the earned income credit or child credit or both? And I said both. What’s the website say for you? And I said that my refund is processing.

He said look this is a standard hold code because of PATH. It just got lifted the 15th but some have not updated and if you go to our website you’ll see the 22nd is a big update. You should see a date then. And I said sooo I don’t have to verify anything and this is standard? And he said yes standard to those with those credits. You don’t need to worry, only worry if you see a different message on the where’s my refund page or if you receive something in the mail....