After you file

I tried calling a few times today and now it just ask that we call the next day and then hangs up.

Ah!  This is helpful.  I have had this happen before when they send the letter to verify income and identity, but I never had the code (I just checked my transcripts from previous years to make sure).  I actually went to my local tax office and handled it when it happened before, but this was a few years back and I only had to do it after my divorce happened.  It did not take long to do and I do not think it delayed my refund.  So hopefully if they mailed the letters already, we should be getting them soon and can get them handled to avoid a delay.   Just be sure that you take everything (all forms of identification, w2's, paystubs, everything) I even took my kids information. I do not know exactly what they needed but they made copies of almost everything I gave them and I had my refund shortly after.  It is a quick process (outside of the waiting time to see someone) but even with that we are early in the game, so hopefully there won't be a lot of people.  I hope that we can keep each other in the loop!