turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

daltonB

Over 4 months. No refund

I did my taxes through turbo tax around February. I still haven't received my refund. Every time I check the status in app it says "Ready to mail." every time I contact the IRS for support and I give the refund amount and when I filed it it says there is no record of that filing or it isn't valid. I'm owed over 1,000. I also can't seem to get help from Intuit. I really need the money I'm owed.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

Over 4 months. No refund

How did you file the return?    When you log into Online TurboTax, does the "Return Status" in your account say "Ready to mail?"   If so, that means TurboTax thinks you were going to print, sign, and mail it.    So did you do that?   Did you choose to file it by mail, and if so, did you physically mail it yourself to the IRS?  TurboTax does not mail it for you.

Is that what you chose for your filing method?  Or did you choose to efile, but failed to complete the filing process?    If you thought you had efiled, you can double-check. To check the status of an e-filed return, open up your desktop product or log into your TurboTax Online Account. You can find your status within the TurboTax product.

But a return status of "ready to mail" means it has not been efiled.   So if you didn't mail it, you have not filed your return.    If that's the case, and if you want to try to efile it, we can tell you how to open the return back up and complete the efile process.

Linsils
Returning Member

Over 4 months. No refund

Same here and we can’t find out nothing !! Only says your refund is being processed and IRS will notify you when it’s ready to go.. been saying same thing for months. We need our refund too.

Over 4 months. No refund

@Linsils 

I'll tell you how to check on things and how to get some help, especially if you have an economic hardship. 

To check the status of an e-filed return, open up your desktop product or log into your TurboTax Online Account. You can find your status within the TurboTax product.

Only the IRS knows what all they are doing with your return.    You didn't say what website you are referring to.    Since you wrote "only says refund is being processed", but didn't say "what"  says, I'll assume you are referring to the IRS "Where's My Refund" website tool at:
https://www.irs.gov/Refunds

I'll tell you how to reach a live IRS agent below.   If you can't get good answers from the IRS, I'll also be telling you below how to contact the IRS Taxpayer Advocate Service.

Here's how to reach a live agent at the IRS:

800-829-1040 (7AM-7 PM local time) Monday-Friday

When calling the IRS do not choose the first choice re: "Refund", or it will send you to an automated phone line.

• First choose your language.  Then listen to each menu before making the selection.
  • Then press 2 for "personal income tax".
  • Then press 1 for "form, tax history, or payment".  
  • Then press 3 "for all other questions."
  • Then press 2 "for all other questions." 
  • It might transfer you to an agent at that point.   If it doesn't it may ask for your SSN, but do not enter it.  Just wait.    If it asks for SSN a second time, still do not enter it.
  • Then you'll get another menu.  Choose 2 for "personal" then you should be transferred.

I usually use a speakerphone so I can work on something else while waiting.

If you don't get good info/results from the IRS, you can contact the IRS Taxpayer Advocate for your area.   They are especially prone to help if you have an economic hardship, or if there have been continued delays with lack of info from the IRS.    At the following IRS website, find the USA map and click on your state, and it will give you the number of your IRS Taxpayer Advocate.

http://www.irs.gov/uac/Contact-a-Local-Taxpayer-Advocate

Also see this article for more info on how the IRS Taxpayer Advocate Service works::
http://www.irs.gov/taxtopics/tc104.html

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies