turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

My temporary card number isn't working

My temporary card isn't working an my funds are on there is anyone else having this issues
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

44 Replies
Ejot
Level 2

I'm having the same issue. 

I’m also having the same issue. Why do an advance if you can’t use the card.

Yes. The account was created.  I received a temp card# with cvv, but no website is accepting it.  Is this a hoax? Did turbotax falsely advertise a service to get more people to file with them this year?

I called customer service and was on hold for nearly an hour before a rep got on the phone to simply tell me that there has been so many people calling with the same issue and that they have escalated it and there's nothing more they could do. She made me feel like it was my fault when she looked and didn't see any "declined" transactions and I couldn't give her an error message. I had to remind her that she said earlier in the conversation that others had been calling about the same issue! I was then placed back on hold and she returned with a "case number". I am upset that they offered this service and for it to not be an actual "service". I have used Turbotax for years for my taxes and 1st time doing the advance, I will never use Turbotax again, cause this seems like an awful ploy to generate business! 

@Adt1229 I totally understand your frustration and their customer service representatives probably had no idea what to do. But before we throw turbotax in the garbage lol, let's give them a day or so to rectify this situation.  I mean they are providing an inexpensive tax service and giving an interest free loan to God only knows how many people. After a day we give them the business lol.

same thing with me. I have done everything 

That is a good point. Unfortunately, all we can do is wait. But, the impression has been made.

**update** went to mailbox and lo and behold my actual turbo card was in the mail. I hope u guys receive your card today too eliminating the need for temporary card number.

I filed 1/24 wish my card was here. But the point is this should be working 

Sephia825

I filed 1/25 I'm not home to check the mail yet, but if the card isn't activated then the temp should still work.

This is frustrating. I really wanted to pay my utilities today. Now I'm in limbo.

@Adt1229  When did you file? 

That's freaking awesome.  When did you apply for it?

Keep trying. It worked on Amazon and spectrum. 

On 1/24, I live in Georgia and it came from South Dakota. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies