Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Paul9887
Returning Member

My taxes were filed and accepted but was not deposited into my bank. I verified with my bank they never received it.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

24 Replies

My taxes were filed and accepted but was not deposited into my bank. I verified with my bank they never received it.

@Paul9887  "accepted" simply means the IRS acknowledges receipt of the tax return.  it does not mean they have reviewed or approved the refund.  Have you checked the status of the tax return? 

https://www.irs.gov/refunds

Paul9887
Returning Member

Yes they said I received my refund but I have not. They said  they sent it to my bank on 27 April 2022 for direct depoisit.. I checked to make sure the routing number is correct. They sent me this information on Tuesday 28 June 2022

@Paul9887 - fill out this tracer form..... and submit...

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f3911.pdf

Paul9887
Returning Member

I already filed form 3911 and mailed it on 7 July 2022. But have not heard anything 

@Paul9887   Who is "they"?  Did the IRS tell you they sent your refund?   Were you having the Turbo Tax fees deducted from your refund?  

@Paul9887 then nothing you can do is wait..... did you sent it traceable so you know the IRS has it? 

Paul9887
Returning Member

Yes through IRS2Go 

Paul9887
Returning Member

No I paid $54 for using TurboTax Deluxe and $39 for processing fees for a total $93. On April 14 2022

Paul9887
Returning Member

I sent it regular mail to the IRS address they said to use on the form

Paul9887
Returning Member

I have tried to call the IRS and TurboTax  but never been able to talk to a living breathing body 🙃 

If you used the Processing Service then your refund went through the 3rd party bank, SBTPG.  Maybe your refund is hung up there.  It might have been put on a Green Dot money card.  I'm not sure how that works.  But there are lots of posts and complaints about refunds being held up at SBTPG. 

Paul9887
Returning Member

How do I get in touch with them

Paul9887
Returning Member

I didn't think I  went through a third party. I thought I was paying for using TurboTax and for them to process my taxes to the IRS. 

@Paul9887 

how did you pay your fees to Turbo Tax? 

1) if you paid with a credit card/ debit card, then the refund would go from, the IRS directly to you Bank

2) if you requested that the fees be netted out of the refund (and you pay an addition fee for this service), then IRS sends the refund to Green Dot Bank / SPTPG where they take out the fees due to Turbo Tax and THEN they pass on the remaining refund to your Bank.

in neither case does Turbo Tax get involved with the refund. 

What @VolvoGirl is trying to understand is which path did you take? #1 or #2? 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies