turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

My taxes are still pending and I filed Jan 11th. Is this common

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

Your 2019 tax return is still Pending because the IRS has not yet opened to receive 2019 tax returns - https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/irs-opens-2020-filing-season-for-individual-filers-on-jan-27

I was gonna ask the exact same thing. I filed Jan 11th as well. It states Turbotax recieved them at 10 am then no further info.  Filing stresses me out

@Lacyra 

When you log into your account, at the Tax Home do you see a status of "pending?"

For most people the IRS will not start processing returns until January 27, so most people who efile now will be in "pending" status and won't know anything further about the efile status until after January 27, except for a few returns that are pulled early for testing purposes.    Once the IRS opens on Jan. 27, it generally takes 24-48 hours to hear if accepted or rejected, but there can be a backlog at first.

To check the efile status periodically you can log back into your Online TurboTax account and check the status at the Tax Home page.  You should also get an email notice when the return is accepted or rejected.  But as I said above, for most people that will be after January 27, unless drawn early.

@mesquitebean yes it says pending.  My taxes have always been accepted pretty quickly a week at most so pretty stressed this time. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies