Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

My tax return was sent but I haven’t received my refund in my bank.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

20 Replies

Was your DD sent from IRS to bank?  Mine has 3 bars says sent to bank on 5th still no money or Turbo Tax bank saying they received it....this has never happened to me in all the years I have filed...will not be returning to TT next year 

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

For the most up-to-date information regarding the status of your tax return and a specific date of when to expect your refund, please visit the IRS Where's My Refund? site. 
Per the IRS, most refunds are received within 21 days from the time a return has been accepted. Please see When will I get my IRS refund? for more information.
The IRS usually begins issuing tax refunds on returns with the Earned Income Credit or Additional Child Tax Credit in late February. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

My refund was issued yesterday per WMR...I’m at 3 bars and SBTG says they have not received it yet...I always get my money deposited into my account the date IRS says which should of been yesterday.  This seems to be an issue with a lot of ppl using TT this year..I’ve been with you guys every year for at least 5 years...this is my last year....no type of answer to what is going on...poor customer service on TT end and none on the bank TT uses

Thanks for the completely generic response🤷🏽‍♀️

The generic responses are priceless lol I've noticed they sometimes have absolutely nothing to do with what has been asked/said. From what I'm seeing it isnt too good. I'm thinking about goin a different route next year.

Same here mine was suppose to be direct deposited in the 5rh and nothing yet at all on wmr says it was sent, so turbo tax says they don't have it be a use they have to take fees out. I'm lost where this money at?? 

Unfortunately no one knows and of course we won’t get a response from a TT “expert”.... my last year using them, and there are a lot of ppl in this situation who used TT...based on a FB group I’m part of

I think this will be my last time using TT as well I don't have the patience for this madness, so bye bye TT. 

Very unhappy customer. 

Exactly, and no idea if this will happen again next year...I was really looking forward to taking my daughter shopping an early VDay gift🤷🏽‍♀️

nlrhs2006

my tax return was done i have requested direct deposit i filed on Jan. 28th 2020

AkinaLO
Intuit Alumni

It can take additional time for the funds to be received by your financial institution. Also, many financial institutions do not process payments on weekends or holidays, which can affect when refunds reach taxpayers.

Please view the FAQ here.  

Refund Timing 

The IRS releases most refunds with some exceptions, within 21 calendar days after the e-filed return is approved, not 21 days from the e-filing date.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Lol...another generic response..so how much time does it take Turbo Taxes Financial institution to receive our money because the IRS said it was sent Wednesday it’s now Friday and TT bank days they don’t have it????  

also I have NEVER not received my money in the date the IRS said it would be deposited....even when I have used TT bank to take the fees....your response is why many customers will not be returning next year...and I will let my family n friends know...that only TT is having this problem not HR block, Jackson Hewitt, Taxslayer..etc

Do you have any updates? Mine says sent to bank on March 25. Turbotax saying they haven't received it. 

Only you can track it down ...

Were you having the refund direct deposited to your bank account directly ?

If the IRS has actually sent the funds, the IRS FAQ page says to allow "up to 5 days" due to variations in bank processing procedures and times.

If so did you enter the correct routing & account number for an ACH transfer ?  Here is how you can see your deposit information:

Your direct deposit information will be at the bottom of your Form 1040.

To view your 1040 after filing, Sign into TurboTax Taxes > Tax Timeline > Some other things you can do Download/print (.pdf)

Please see the following FAQ article below if you entered in the wrong bank account information.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1901677

Did you have the TT fees withheld from the federal refund and are getting the refund on the Turbo Tax Debit card?

If so the refund needs to go from the IRS to the third party bank to the card.  This process can take up to 3 business days or more.

Check the IRS :  https://www.irs.gov/Refunds

Check  SBTPG:  by logging into their website at:  https://cisc.sbtpg.com/

Or you can get 24-hour automated info by phone at:  https://cisc.sbtpg.com/contact.aspx

Check at Turbo Tax Visa :  If you have any questions or need assistance with your Turbo Prepaid Visa Card, please visit TurboPrepaidCard.com or call us toll-free at (888) 285-4169.

Did you have the TT fees withheld from the federal refund  and then the balance sent to your bank account or debit card ?

If so the refund needs to go from the IRS to the third party bank to your bank account.  This process can take up to 3 business days or more.

Check the IRS :  https://www.irs.gov/Refunds      

Check  SBTPG:  by logging into their website at:  https://cisc.sbtpg.com/

Or you can get 24-hour automated info by phone at:  https://cisc.sbtpg.com/contact.aspx

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies