turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

My tax return was accepted on 2/12/21 and as of today 3/29/21 I have yet to receive it. IRS is impossible to contact is anyone else having a issue?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies

My tax return was accepted on 2/12/21 and as of today 3/29/21 I have yet to receive it. IRS is impossible to contact is anyone else having a issue?

same here and i checked my irs transcript not even showing i even filed but tt showing irs accepted my return. i will not be using turbo tax any more after this . we are in need of our money . and tt either put it on irs and then irs say it is turbo tax i just need my darn money.

JohnB5677
Expert Alumni

Yes, many people are still waiting for their refunds.

The staffing of the IRS is likely going to cause a lot of delays for tax filers. The reason is simple: with many IRS workers stuck at home or sick due to the pandemic, there will be delays.

Combine that with the additional stimulus checks (which require staffing and programming to send out), and the last minute tax changes that passed in December (which also require programming and testing), the IRS is stretched to the limits.

Furthermore, if you have any issues with your return, such as requests for information or updates, you'll be stuck waiting as well.

Staffing around the pandemic are really going to delay everything that requires an actual human to work on.  The adjustment to unemployment is an example.

You can go to the IRS site Where's My Refund to find the status of your tax return. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

100% agree and you can't even get in touch with a real person at IRS I have tried calling multiple times and can't talk to a real person 

Yeah I understand all of that and that is kinda what I was thinking but it's going on 2 months and I have no information on my refund besides it being accepted.. and I can not even talk to a real person I have tried multiple 800 numbers with no results on actually talking to someone which is really frustrating 

SamS1
Expert Alumni

Did you have unemployment benefits?  So to not have to process thousands of amended returns, if you had unemployment benefits, the IRS could be holding your return for processing once their systems are updated for the American Rescue Plan Act that excludes the first $10,200 of unemployment benefits.  .   

If you have earned income credit and/or additional child tax credit, it is probably delayed. Returns with either of these credits are covered under the PATH act, which gives the IRS authority to delay the refund to verify dependent information on your return. For 2020, the IRS was not issuing refunds for these returns until the 1st week of March. 

Do you have any refund offsets such as back taxes, student loans, child support, state obligations (Court costs), etc. This could delay your refund. If you answered the stimulus questions incorrectly, this could delay your refund. Keep checking IRS.gov "Where's my Refund" for the most up to date information. Here is a link that might help.

I did.. my wife had some unemployment for part of the year along with a new baby.. but still it's the beginning of April now and my return was accepted on February 12th. I should at least have a date to know when my return should be deposited..

SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

@hinsch15

This is normal. It can take anywhere from a few days to 3 weeks to update and show the status. The 21 days is just an estimated time frame. The IRS began processing returns on 2/12, you may not find a record of it or the website may say that you have put in incorrect information when tracking your federal refund. As your return moves through the system, the status of it will be updated.

Since Turbo Tax will not have the status of your refund, continue checking the Where’s My Federal Refund tool for updates. Updates are made daily, usually overnight. 

Please visit the IRS  website for any delays. 

Please note that the IRS says its own system is lagging and you do not need to call the IRS about your refund.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies