turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

My return was rejected due to data on 8915-F. TurboTax wont let me remove FEMA # entry on line C in order to refile

On the top black ribbon, click “View”.

In the dropdown, click “Forms”.

Scroll down the left column, click “8915?-T Wks” (not “Form 8915?-T”), where “?” is your Form based on your original filing (likely “E”, “F”, or “G”).

At the top of the worksheet you will see “A FEMA Disaster number” and the value “Coronavirus”, and “B Coronavirus-related distributions” with the boxed checked (“X”).

Place your cursor in the box with the value “Coronavirus” and backspace to erase that value.

Aloha Tammy,

I received these instructions that may help you.

You can click in the left column on “Form 8915?-T”.  “C FEMA number (1)” should now be blank, and “D” should have a checked box.

You will need to do the same for “8915?-S Wks” and “Form 8915?-S” if your spouse also has/had the Qualified Disaster Retirement Plan Distribution and Repayments.

On the black ribbon you can then click “View”.

In the dropdown, click “Step-by-Step” to return to the interview process and ultimately file your return.

My return was rejected due to data on 8915-F. TurboTax wont let me remove FEMA # entry on line C in order to refile

On the top black ribbon, click “View”.

In the dropdown, click “Forms”.

Scroll down the left column, click “8915?-T Wks” (not “Form 8915?-T”), where “?” is your Form based on your original filing (likely “E”, “F”, or “G”).

At the top of the worksheet you will see “A FEMA Disaster number” and the value “Coronavirus”, and “B Coronavirus-related distributions” with the boxed checked (“X”).

Place your cursor in the box with the value “Coronavirus” and backspace to erase that value.

Aloha Sue and Leo, 

there seems to be a difference in versions having a drop down menu from the Tools and View, to the Black Ribbon for an online download having a "Forms" Button.

on the upper right corner, You can click in the left column on “Form 8915?-T”.  “C FEMA number (1)” should now be blank, and “D” should have a checked box.

You will need to do the same for “8915?-S Wks” and “Form 8915?-S” if your spouse also has/had the Qualified Disaster Retirement Plan Distribution and Repayments.

On the black ribbon you can then click “View”.

In the dropdown, click “Step-by-Step” to return to the interview process and ultimately file your return.

On the version I had there was a delete option on the right side-column. This removed the entire form from my filing. 

Sorry you had to go through all that and not reached satisfactory results. I spoke with a real person who helped a lot 1 (800) 446=8848, perhaps you have a special situation they can help with. If you bought and paid for your tax return to e-file, perhaps you could givum another chance and try again?

I'm having the same problem.
I followed sharleenprice suggestion. Going to the retirement section, you can select that any distribution I received is not related to disaster. I can then go to forms, and delete form 8915-E. This will delete form 8915-F along with it.

CatinaT1
Employee Tax Expert

Here is a workaround provided by expert DanaB27 that is working-  

Be sure to follow the instructions carefully. Try both options if necessary. 

Please try these steps to fix the issue: 

1. Login to your TurboTax Account  
  2. Click on the "Search" on the top and type “1099-R”   
  3. Click on “Jump to 1099-R”  
  4. If you do not have any 2022 1099-R, answer "No" to "Did you get a 1099-R in 2022?" (If you have any other 1099-R, then enter all 1099-R and after entering your last 1099-R, click "Continue" on the “Review your 1099-R info ” screen) 
  5. Answer "Yes" to the "Have you ever taken a disaster distribution before 2022?" screen 
  6. Answer "Yes" to "Did you take a 2020 Qualified Disaster Distribution?" 
  7. Uncheck the box next to "If this was a Coronavirus-related distribution reported in 2020 check here" and click continue 
  8. On the "Which disaster affected you in 2020?" screen, I selected the blank entry and clicked "back 
  9. Then recheck the box next to "If this was a Coronavirus-related distribution reported in 2020, check here" and continue. 

Another option is to delete "Form 8915-F" and "Qualified 2020 Disaster Retirement Distr" and then go back to the retirement section and reenter the information: 

1. Open or continue your return in TurboTax. 
  2. Select "Tax Tools" and then "Tools" in the left menu. 
  3. In the pop-up window Tool Center, select "Delete a form". 
  4. Select "Delete" next to "Form 8915-F" and "Qualified 2020 Disaster Retirement Distr" and follow the instructions. 
  5. Click on the "Search" on the top and type “1099-R”   
  6. Click on “Jump to 1099-R”  
  7. If you do not have any 2022 1099-R, answer "No" to "Did you get a 1099-R in 2022?" (If you have any other 1099-R, then enter all 1099-R, and after entering your last 1099-R, click "Continue" on the “Review your 1099-R info ” screen) 
  8. Answer "Yes" to the "Have you ever taken a disaster distribution before 2022?" screen 
  9. Answer "Yes" to "Did you take a 2020 Qualified Disaster Distribution?" 
  10. Check the box next to "If this was a Coronavirus-related distribution reported in 2020, check here" and enter your information. 

Please let us know if this works for you. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

THANK YOU!!!!!!!

Exactly same thing happen to me. Turbox Tax please fix it now !!!!

HopeS
Expert Alumni

The Form 8915-F issue was resolved. 

Please follow the guidelines provided below by @DanaB27 

Please try these steps to fix the rejection issue:

1. Login to your TurboTax Account 
  2. Click on the "Search" on the top and type “1099-R”  
  3. Click on “Jump to 1099-R” 
  4. If you do not have any 2022 1099-R answer "No" to "Did you get a 1099-R in 2022?" (If you have any other 1099-R then enter all 1099-R and after entering your last 1099-R click "Continue" on the “Review your 1099-R info​​​​​​​” screen)
  5. Answer "Yes" to the "Have you ever taken a disaster distribution before 2022?" screen
  6. Answer "Yes" to "Did you take a 2020 Qualified Disaster Distribution?"
  7. Uncheck the box next to "If this was a Coronavirus-related distribution reported in 2020 check here" and click Continue
  8. On the "Which disaster affected you in 2020?" screen I selected the blank entry and click "back
  9. Then recheck the box next to "If this was a Coronavirus-related distribution reported in 2020 check here" and continue.

Another option is to delete "Form 8915-F" and "Qualified 2020 Disaster Retirement Distr" and then go back to the retirement section and reenter the information:

1. Open or continue your return in TurboTax.
  2. In the left menu, select "Tax Tools" and then "Tools".
  3. In the pop-up window Tool Center, select "Delete a form".
  4. Select "Delete" next to "Form 8915-F" and "Qualified 2020 Disaster Retirement Distr" and follow the instructions.
  5. Click on the "Search" on the top and type “1099-R”  
  6. Click on “Jump to 1099-R” 
  7. If you do not have any 2022 1099-R answer "No" to "Did you get a 1099-R in 2022?" (If you have any other 1099-R then enter all 1099-R and after entering your last 1099-R click "Continue" on the “Review your 1099-R info​​​​​​​” screen)
  8. Answer "Yes" to the "Have you ever taken a disaster distribution before 2022?" screen
  9. Answer "Yes" to "Did you take a 2020 Qualified Disaster Distribution?"
  10. Check the box next to "If this was a Coronavirus-related distribution reported in 2020 check here" and enter your information.

Clear Cache once you delete it before logging back into your TT account.

See the Link Below for Additional Information:

Form 8915-F

@Lephunglong 

swed

PattiF - Your solution seems to work only for the online version and DOES NOT seem to work for the desktop version.

Please provide a solution for the DESKTOP VERSION. Thank you.

RobertB4444
Expert Alumni

This solution should work for the desktop version as well.  You can just skip the clearing cache parts.

@swed 

This looks like a great process with less steps and reaches the same results, thanks for sharing.

Did you receive a 1099-R? or anything similar to a retirement distribution?

I've noticed that there may be some dissimilar functionality in layout design but for the most part the steps should be the same. Look at your top ribbon /task bar and find command buttons for any of the items described that may move you towards finding "Forms", and proceed to identifying the form you're looking to correct. If you are able to delete the source of that issue, you may be able to start over back in your filing/claims section. Good luck!

Aloha,

I spent so much time trying to correct and adjust information on the form that did not work and continued to receive rejections. What I finally found to be a best solution is delete the convoluted form and starting a new form from the beginning, taking note of the correct information you need and the order sequence expected before removing  your file. It may seem like a waste of time starting over but how many times have you corrected and still got rejected?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies