turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

My refund is over 2 months late (direct deposit). The where's my refund tool gives no explanation and the IRS doesn't answer the phone. What can be done?

Thank you for providing an up to date article on the subject. Nothing new... It just seems like there is something else going on here. The vast majority of us are aware that the IRS will not communicate on this with TurboTax. It would just be helpful if those out there who ARE privy to what is really going on would shine the light for the rest of us.

My refund is over 2 months late (direct deposit). The where's my refund tool gives no explanation and the IRS doesn't answer the phone. What can be done?

This is how I got a hold of the IRS.

Don't expect any help from Turbo tax 

first and last time I did my with them.

Had nothing then issues !

The IRS telephone number is [phone number removed], and they are available from 7 a.m. – 7 p.m. local time, Monday thru Friday. Accountant Amy Northard offers this cheat-sheet for navigating the IRS phone menu on her blog:

The first question the automated system will ask you is to choose your language.

Once you’ve set your language, don’t choose Option 1 (regarding refund info).

Press 2 for “For answers about you personal income taxes...” instead.

Next, press 1 for “For questions about form you have already submitted...”

Next, press 3 “for all other questions.”

Next, press 2 “for all other questions.”

When the system asks you to enter your SSN or EIN to access your account information, don’t enter anything.

After it asks twice, you will be prompted with another menu.

Next, press 2 for “personal or individual tax related questions”

Finally, press 4 for all other inquiries. The system should then transfer you to an agent.

Turbotax isn't going to trace it for you ,had the same issue and other ones try this .

The IRS telephone number is [phone number removed], and they are available from 7 a.m. – 7 p.m. local time, Monday thru Friday. Accountant Amy Northard offers this cheat-sheet for navigating the IRS phone menu on her blog:

The first question the automated system will ask you is to choose your language.

When the system asks you to enter your SSN or EIN to access your account information, don’t enter anything.

Finally, press 4 for all other inquiries. The system should then transfer you to an agent.

Do this. 

You can do this. 

Truly understand why your company repeats the bureaucratic answer from the government.  I allowed for the so called pandemic but everything else, the agency should have planned accordingly for any additional work.  In all the years of filing, never had there been such delay, only now because everything has become so political.

Thanks for the details to get pass the automated responses,  I did get to the end but then recording, due to the the high volume of calls, they suggested to call back later and then they hung up.  So, my guess is that they realize the go around to the other tactics and figured that if you made it this far, sorry, we cancelled your call.

I am in the same boat. TurboTax said my return was accepted on 3/17/21, and I was tracking it through IRS and it said "still processing" a few days ago I checked and it now says "we don't have any information on the refund" like it didn't even recognize they had received and accepted it. I can't get anyone to give me information on anything, what am I supposed to do now? reading the responses to other questions I already know TurboTax won't be any help, even though they didn't hesitate to withdraw the filing fee from my account. 

call IRS first thing in the morning with the instructions I had provided before.  called 7am cst and waited 20min and got thru. Plus my issue was resolved thanks to agent Fair. 

Thank you, ill try in the morning. 

Kcco247

Same here Feb 18th no money but yall here at turbotax want to take 90 for services not completed from my point of veiw. 

Capo1121
Returning Member

I filed 2/20. I spoke to someone from the irs last month and she told me it could take up to 10 weeks to process.... it's been over that and still nothing. Hang in there. I'm sure we will get our returns.... someday. 

Turbo Tax only gives you an estimated date. The IRS usually pays most refunds within 21 days. But these are not normal times. This year is taking the IRS longer to send the refunds. There are millions more people filing returns to get the Stimulus payment.

See this news article on Refunds being delayed
https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/personalfinance/where-is-my-damn-irs-tax-refund-new-answers-emerge-a...

Only the IRS can tell you. If your return was Accepted then check IRS Where's my refund
https://www.irs.gov/refunds/

When will you get your refund?
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/refund-status/help/when-will-i-get-my-irs-tax-refund/01/25589

IRS - Questions about Refunds
https://www.irs.gov/refunds/tax-season-refund-frequently-asked-questions

Is Turbo Tax charging you for the fees?  Sounds like the IRS is taking too long to send your refund or reduced it. See What if the IRS reduces your refund or delays it.
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/payments/help/what-if-my-federal-refund-isn-t-enough-to-cover-my-t...

Then when the IRS does send your refund they won't take the fees out again.

And, Why you got charged,
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/charges-and-fees/help/why-was-my-bank-account-auto-debited-for-tur...

You should have received about 4 emails asking for the fees. If you don't pay they will debit your account. You had to agree to it.

User-2017

Hola, yo todavia no he recibido mi reembols y el irs solo dice que esta en proceso, 

I need a phone to speak to representative I have not yet received my federal income tax and you send me a email telling me that you will be deducting $152. 

MDiax

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies