Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

My irs tax update says my refund is still precessing no bar on top. Info and amount still on left side but no tax topic on bottom. Any idea what causes this?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies
Cass0317
Intuit Alumni

My irs tax update says my refund is still precessing no bar on top. Info and amount still on left side but no tax topic on bottom. Any idea what causes this?

The messages and bars on the Where's My Refund webpage change all of the time; and sometimes the same message is displayed continuously, or the bars disappear entirely (they may return later). The disappearance of the bars, as a stand-alone action, signifies nothing important at all.

While we at TurboTax have no way of finding out specific information about the processing of an individual tax return once it's been transmitted to the government, the activity you observe on the IRS's "Where’s My Federal Refund?" website sounds normal. The behavior that you observe is more likely an indicator that your tax return (and refund) is simply moving through the processing system.

• Here is the general timeline of e-filed returns:
    Transmission > Acceptance > Received/Processing > Approval > Refund.

Please see the link below for more information:

I call the irs today and they told me they had to adjust my tax refund on February 12 and they didn't even tell me what they adjust either but I have no bars and my topic 152 is gone so how long do you think I have to wait for my refund

AkinaLO
Intuit Alumni

When the IRS makes adjustments it is referred to as a refund offset. You should receive a letter in the mail with an explanation. The remainder of your refund will be processed as usual. An offset shouldn't delay it unless your entire refund was applied to your debt.

More information about refund offsets, including contact info and the appeals process, is available in IRS Tax Topic 203

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

So how does it take for me to receive my refund

EbonyA
Intuit Alumni

@Allenlinda At Turbo Tax, we cannot tell you exactly when the IRS will issue your refund - you will need to continue monitoring it by using the WMR tool. Having said that, the IRS provides a guideline of 21 days to release most refunds, some refunds take longer to process based on various reasons including certain credits claimed. The FAQ below serves as a reference:

Why do some refunds take longer than others?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies