Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

My federal return was accepted 02/12/2021 but I have heard nothing. Not worried about getting the money just want to know if there is a problem?

Is there a problem with my return?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
JeanneLO
Intuit Alumni

My federal return was accepted 02/12/2021 but I have heard nothing. Not worried about getting the money just want to know if there is a problem?

Not necessarily. TurboTax does not receive updates on your refund status after your tax return has been accepted by the IRS. 

Please see this information from our expert @ToddL99 on why your tax return refund may be delayed: Refund Delay.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Pitt-Fisher, 

I am in the same situation as you, first time in 8 years I actually get a return and the IRS site is telling me the same thing.

Just curious if you also selected for stimulus recovery or not? I spoke with another Tax representative and they told me for those people who picked stimulus recovery, those tax returns are being manually gone over twice to ensure that they IRS doesn't accidently make a double payment. Also that is what is holding up my 1400 dollar stimulus as well.  

Turbotax should be more involved in this part of it in my opinion when you buy their most expensive package. Incredibly frustrating as Tax day is right around the corner. 

You are correct, In January 2020, during the distribution of the second round of stimulus payments, an IRS error caused delays in the distribution of some stimulus payments. In an effort to do all that we could to help these customers get the funds they deserved as quickly as possible, we were able to create a secure portal used to update banking information.

Here is what you should expect when you provide information in the secure portal:

• If you filed your 2020 tax return and it has been processed by the IRS, your stimulus will be sent to the account you provided in that return.
  • If you provided updated banking information via the TurboTax Stimulus Portal for the second stimulus, that information was given to the IRS so they could deposit a third stimulus payment in that account.
  • If a bank account the IRS has on file is closed and your bank rejects the payment, the IRS will either:
  • Deposit your stimulus check into the bank account you entered into the TurboTax portal, or
  • Send your stimulus by check to the address they have on file for you within 14 days.

If this applies to you, you can get updated information on how you can expect to receive your stimulus payment. If the IRS reissues a payment, they will update the status no more than once a day at: IRS Get My Payment

The IRS has extended tax day for individuals from April 15 to May 17.

@khall-semco

Thanks Renee! That is the most clarity I have gotten on this site yet. Appreciate you taking the time.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies