Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

My federal refund was accepted, but my state refund is still pending. Is my federal refund sent out to me already or do i have to wait for state to be accepted to?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Edwarddiperna41
Returning Member

My federal refund was accepted, but my state refund is still pending. Is my federal refund sent out to me already or do i have to wait for state to be accepted to?

Ok go to the irs website for that state click get my refund status put all your tax info in and it should tell you whether your federal return was approved and if payment has been sent 

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Edwarddiperna41
Returning Member

what state do you live in mine said the same thing yesterday butwhen i checked today my federal and state return was accepted whatever state you live in go to the irs website and you click on get my refund status and it'll let you know if your federal return was approved and if payment has been sent

California, my bad i forgot to mention that 

Edwarddiperna41
Returning Member

Ok go to the irs website for that state click get my refund status put all your tax info in and it should tell you whether your federal return was approved and if payment has been sent 

Edwarddiperna41
Returning Member

Here's the website to check your federal return www. irs.gov/refund

Funny how the state taxes just got accepted right now ._. Well both are accepted now so they should be on the way now

When did you file your tax return? Mine is still pending though I submitted (e-filed) on 1/31/2021

I efiled them both in late December, federal return was accepted on 2/8/2021 the ca state tax was accepted 2/14/2021 

TerukoL
Intuit Alumni

Some returns will stay Pending for several days or even longer, especially with the IRS filing delay and backlog this tax season due to COVID closing the offices and leaving the IRS with very few employees working for the past year. The IRS has not stated how long returns can or will remain in pending status.

Please click IRS Operations During COVID-19: Mission-critical functions continue to learn more. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies