turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

My federal is saying accepted on feb.10 but when I go to irs website it's saying my info does not match

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

9 Replies

My federal is saying accepted on feb.10 but when I go to irs website it's saying my info does not match

Other users have reported this today, so there may be an issue at the IRS.  But be aware that it is updated only once daily, during the overnight hours.  Also, if you check too frequently, it locks you out.  Try again tomorrow.

Mine was accepted on the 13th and I have the same error

DaraLO
Intuit Alumni

I suggest calling the Where's My Refund automated hotline instead: 1-800-829-1954; you may have a better chance of getting your refund status this way. 

If you're still unsuccessful in getting your refund status, just remember that Covid-19 continues to cause delays in some of the IRS processes.  I would suggest checking back periodically.

Reference:  Why is there no record of my return at Where's My Refund (WMR)?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Many of my clients who were accepted for processing on 2/10 thru 2/14 already have their refunds  although the IRS  WMR?  tool still only says received  so once again the IRS tool is not functioning correctly.  

Yea its still saying information doesn't match on the wheres my refund tool but turbo tax says accepted and haven't heard anything else 

I called the wheres my refund number you gave it says the same thing as the website but im just not sure why I haven't heard from turbo tax or the irs about what's goin on....I got a letter in the mail my sate refund was garnished for an ems bill ...but on the turbo tax app it still shows I'm waiting on my refund

Once you have efiled the returns successfully TT gets no further updates at all ... what you see on the TT home page is all you will ever see.    If the state refund was taken it is very possible the federal return will also be taken.  

If you efiled your return, have you confirmed that the return was submitted and accepted by the IRS?
https://shop.turbotax.intuit.com/efile/efile_status_lookup.jsp

If accepted, what does the IRS tracking web site say about the status of your refund?
https://www.irs.gov/refunds

Here is an IRS Q&A with information about refunds:
https://www.irs.gov/refunds/tax-season-refund-frequently-asked-questions

The irs refund tool tells me the info I entered doesn't match 

Ok so I went online to the wheres my refund tool entered info it offered the option to enter file type and file date ..I did and it actually did something new it said I had to wait 24 hr after I got the email but how long does it take to get the email

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies