turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

My efile status says "pending", does that mean they were sent to irs and state? To my understanding irs started accepting returns today, so were they sent today?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
LauraVF

My efile status says "pending", does that mean they were sent to irs and state? To my understanding irs started accepting returns today, so were they sent today?

Yes, "pending" means your return has been transmitted to the IRS, but it has not been accepted or rejected.  

Please read the following FAQ for more details. 

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/4193097

View solution in original post

18 Replies
LauraVF

Yes, "pending" means your return has been transmitted to the IRS, but it has not been accepted or rejected.  

Please read the following FAQ for more details. 

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/4193097

My status says transmission unknown. And since my status is still pending should I be concerned my taxes did not go through? The first refund I sent was rejected within 6 hours (I had a number incorrect) I corrected the issue and now it's been pending for 6 days.

@Shelleyann41243 wrote:

My status says transmission unknown. And since my status is still pending should I be concerned my taxes did not go through? The first refund I sent was rejected within 6 hours (I had a number incorrect) I corrected the issue and now it's been pending for 6 days.

If the status is Pending then the tax return was e-filed and is now waiting for the IRS to officially start receiving tax returns on and after January 27 - https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/irs-opens-2020-filing-season-for-individual-filers-on-jan-27

After completing the File section and e-filing your tax return you will receive two emails from TurboTax. The first email when your tax return was transmitted and the second email when the tax return has either been accepted or rejected.

Mine has been pending for days but other people have had their accepted? What does that mean?

Pending Status means it has been sent the IRS just hasn't accepted or rejected it yet. In January it takes a little longer because once they start accepting returns they are dealing with a backlog. For more information please click here.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Mine says and i had to look it up manually irs recieved my tax return .why did i not get a notice or email like turbo tax said they would send me?? Last year was same way 

AshleyLO
Intuit Alumni

Please double check to make sure that the correct email address is on file for you. If TurboTax does have the correct email address for you, your email concerning your status update could be on it's way. The IRS just started processing returns today.

I went right to FreeTaxUsa since it was still pending,   and was accepted less than 5 mins while its shows still pending, if it longer than 48hrs they haven't submitted the taxes yet to the IRS just to help anyone out, my friends still says pending and was accepted 5 mins smh.. I didn't have this issue with Turbo I have the issue with H&R block

I went right to FreeTaxUsa since it was still pending,   and was accepted less than 5 mins while its shows still pending, if it longer than 48hrs they haven't submitted the taxes yet to the IRS just to help anyone out, my friends still says pending and was accepted 5 mins smh.. I didn't have this issue with Turbo I have the issue with H&R block

TerukoL
Intuit Alumni

Pending simply means that your e-filed return is on its way and that the government hasn't accepted or rejected it yet. Please click here to learn more about pending returns. 

So even though it says pending does that mean it could have been accepted still

TiffanyL
Intuit Alumni

Pending simply means that your e-filed return is on it's way and the government hasn't accepted or rejected it yet. The link provided below has some information on the Pending status that may be of some help:

What does Pending mean

My first year ever getting a rejected and it’s because I put the wrong EIN number for my employer and 2 error numbers from wages. Resubmitted mines the same day it told me I was rejected. I first filed on feb 5 2020. Took 3 days to get my email about the rejection. I resubmitted the corrections on the 8th and I still have not gotten email saying accepted or not. Why when I corrected it? How long do the irs take to view or give answer 

I finished and filed my taxes Fed and State on January 26,2021 and got an email after paying that Turbotax would transmit my taxes when the IRS started to accept returns on Feb 12...well its Feb 16 and my etax return status is still Pending.....This is totally unacceptable....did my taxes get filed or not? No email saying my returns had been sent and I should wait for follow up email stating whether or not they have been accepted...This is the first time that Turbotax has not set emails saying my taxes have been filed...How do I make sure my taxes were indeed filed?????

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies