ansmaa

My amended return has been adjusted, when will i receive the check?

Good luck.  I cant wait to receive my refund too!

Tracckgirl79

I got my unemployment difference in august too. Direct deposit. U can pull a tax transcript online through irs as well but mine amended return was just sent for processing 9/14 no one assigned to it per irs agent and to give another 30 days 😬😬🤷🏻‍♀️

ansmaa

Ok that helps thank you

Tracckgirl79

I have not it also per tool says completed as of 9/10. That was also incorrect.  I pulled my transcript and it was just sent for processing on 9/14. It’s been well past the 20 weeks for me. I reached out to irs today and was told it is still processing and has yet been assigned to an agent for review.  So the tool is very misleading.  Irs told me to give it another 30 days. So I’m hoping it’s by Christmas at this point. Hopefully this helps. They were able to confirm amended return is a check and separate than direct deposit I received in aug which was the automatic adjustment of unemployment credit. Hopefully this helps. Still waiting though.

MyfamliyLove

On the check my amended tool with the IRS. They said I was supposed to get it on July 30

Tracckgirl79

It’s not accurate at all. Mine said completed on .9/10 however looking at transcripts and talking with irs it was just sent for processing 9/14   Filed in April.  Talked to them mid oct n said it had yET to be assigned to anyone and I should give another 30 days. Still no movement on transcript and no check. Hope this helps 

Mira2018

Hi. I called the irs and spoke with someone. The lady told me that my amended tax return check was mailed out 11-16-2021. I also looked at my tax transcript and it said the same thing. So I was wondering if it was sent out on 11-21-2021, what day should I expect to receive it in the mail. 

@Mira2018 No one here can tell you how long the U.S.postal system will take to deliver your mail. It will be sent by first class mail without any way to track it.  Watch your mailbox every day for your check.

Pfuntner1

Ok so the IRS advocate stated my amended refund had been mailed out dec 6,2021’an he told me the amount. An it can take up

to ten days for me for me to get it in the mail

an he looked it up a again an

confirmed the amount an stated it has been mailed out ! Then today I looked on irs account 

online  where my amended refund it finally showed received,adjusted ?? But how can it be adjusted when it had already been

in the mail?

Tracckgirl79

Those tools are not accurate. Mine has said that since September. Your best bet is to pull your transcripts for verification. As mine says adjusted, they received in APRIL, sent for processing in September n still nothing n no more movement since September, yet tool states processed. Pull your transcript instead 

@Pfuntner1  Adjusted just means they finished processing the amended return.   Not that they adjusted it.   I guess it means that the original return was adjusted because it was amended.

Nothappy3

IRS received my amended return on 5/20/21 it is now 12/12/21 and still has not been processed. When I call and sit on the phone waiting for almost 1 hour all I get is we apologize check back again in 30 days.😡

swygerts

Filed my paper 2019 1040X (electronic wasn't allowed at the time) on August 22, 2020.  Received by IRS on September 1, 2020.  FINALLY noted as Adjusted as of December 10, 2021...over 15 months later.  It is still unclear whether my refund will be direct-deposited or by check.

Tracckgirl79

I’ve been waiting since April, according to transcript it was sent for processing in SEPTEMBER. Tool is very inaccurate as it says it was completed but it’s not. Also all amended returns are checks which also is a pain. I’m still waiting as well. Just was hoping by Christmas but obviously that’s probably not happening 

Reneew22

When did you get it