turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Car28

My amended return has been adjusted, when will i receive the check?

My amended since September 10 adjusted and completed 

So question my amended return was completed back in August. When should I receive my check via mail? Tia

No one can say for sure. Hopefully it will be soon but I would say you should have it by December

Treasury has halted refund checks because they are out of money.

Once the debt limit bill is passed and signed, your check can be issued.

Mine is the same. N calling irs was useless. But I was able to look up my tax transcript was sent for processing 9/14. The where’s my tool is not correct. I think it’s still using original stuff Bc nothing shows an amended return being issued yet.  That being said it’s well past the 20 weeks for processing we r in week 25 now for me. I’m hoping at this point before Xmas. Getting ridiculous. Fix your tool!

@Tracckgirl79 

"Fix your tool"     That is not a TurboTax tool.   It is an IRS tool.   TurboTax cannot "fix" it.

Even during “normal” times it takes about four months for the IRS to process an amended return.  During the pandemic and due to the severe backlog at the IRS it is taking much longer—six months or more for many amended returns.  Do not expect quick results from amending.  When the IRS issues a refund for an amended return it will be by check.  They do not make direct deposits for refunds for amended returns.  You can watch for information here:

https://www.irs.gov/Filing/Individuals/Amended-Returns-(Form-1040-X)/Wheres-My-Amended-Return-1

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

I realize this. What I was saying is not to base it off that tool Bc it’s inaccurate and I filed it back in April for myself so it’s been at this point 25 weeks which is past what is stated. I also spoke to irs this morning and they said it has yet to even be assigned to anyone and to give another 30 days at this point I’m just hopeful it’s by Xmas 

I actually got a hold of someone at IRS. I did

receive my amended return via DD back in July I thought it was the unemployment return.. still waiting on unemployment 

Amended returns are not directly deposited they are sent via check. I got that one in august it is the unemployment that’s what irs told me last two times I called. No matter if your account is on file amended returns are never directly deposited.

Oh Ok.  See that happened to me too.  I thought it was unemployment because it was from the state and direct deposit.  According to these other responses, only federal mails you a paper check so I assumed that Im still waiting on a check.  

Ok thanks.  So now I just wait patiently for a paper check.  I received my unemployment via DD already.

So have you gotten a paper check yet?  Mine said the same thing.

Good luck.  I cant wait to receive my refund too!

I got my unemployment difference in august too. Direct deposit. U can pull a tax transcript online through irs as well but mine amended return was just sent for processing 9/14 no one assigned to it per irs agent and to give another 30 days 😬😬🤷🏻‍♀️

Ok that helps thank you

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies