Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

IRS says the amended tax refund has been completed 3 days ago, but actually not received

rita3483 I got a notice of my adjustment on the 19th of march. Still have yet to receive my check, we probably just need to be patient because there are a lot of refunds being processed right now.

IRS says the amended tax refund has been completed 3 days ago, but actually not received

This is a 3 year old question.  Closing.
**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**

I am a mail carrier and the IRS never sends anything bulk rate. Everything is sent first class. Whenever a letter is sent first class it can take anywhere from 2 to 4 business days to receive it. Sometimes when a letter is mailed within the same city you may receive it the next day.

Lurenrebele1313
Returning Member

Isabellclover I am having the exact same problem. Did you ever receive yours?
Lurenrebele1313
Returning Member

I am having the exact same problem. Did you ever receive yours?

Did the website tell you when you return was mailed? Or you called the IRS ?

Mine was adjusted on August 2, and completed on the 23rd. The phone says I should have received something by now. Still nothing. I don't get it. They sure hound you if you owe them money. Doesn't work like that when it's the other way around.

The IRS most certainly does not use bulk mail. Anything sent by them is first-class mail. Bulk mail is considered junk.

Not sure why anyone thinks they send anything bulk mail. Not possible.

SENSEIK8

WE AMENDED OUR RETURN THE DAY AFTER THE ELECTRONIC FILE WAS SUCCESSFUL.  WE MAILE THE AMENDED RETURN TO BOTH THE FEDS AND THE STATE.

WE RECEIVED OUR REFUND FROM THE FEDS BUT HAVE NOT RECEIVED THE STATE REFUND.  WE HAVE WAITED SICE THE 20TH OF APRIL FOR THE STATE REFUD OF $ 4200.

PLEASE, HELP ME.

@SENSEIK8 - That was really a bad thing to do.   You should always wait until the original return has been processed and any refund received (or any payment cleared) prior to amending otherwise if the original return gets delayed or changed by the IRS or state and the amended return shows up before the original has been completely processed, you can end up with two returns in the system at the same time.   That can clause both returns to be pulled and set aside for manual processing that can take many months.

Also any amended return should be mailed using a tracking service to be sure that it was, in fact, received.  

You should call the state to find out the status of your return(s).    Nobody else can do that for you.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/refund-status/help/how-do-i-track-my-state-refund/00/25571

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**

According to the IRS, the same method of payment is used and cannot be changed. If you originally received a check or direct deposit, you will receive it back the same way. It cannot be changed.

They only mail checks for refunds.  No Direct Deposit.

See 1040X instructions top of page 17

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/i1040x.pdf

It says.....You will receive a check for any refund due to you. A refund on an amended return can’t be deposited directly to your bank account.

Amend Refund.jpg

Other posters also state they receive DD for amended. I was forced to approve the refund being sent back as DD. I wanted to get a check and the website stated that was not an option. I had to receive it the same as I had originally selected. I wasn't allowed to receive a check. Again, others here received DD for amended. Look in the other poster comments.

Hi I filed an amendment back in March 2019. Of course I figured as Covid swept across the nation it was going to be delayed. I've waited patiently so I assume. I got a letter stating my adjustment was made on Jan 8th 2021 and that paper stated they "credited" my account (what does credited my account mean??) with the amount owed and that they would issue a refund within 2-4 weeks. Online at that point only stated it was adjusted. Jan 28th 2021 they finally completed the amended return. I waited the 4 weeks and called in and spoke to a representative and the lady said to give them 2-4 weeks to send the refund? By now I'm frustrated, I've researched I've called I have also went to the website countless times to figure out what's going on but now here it is March 8th 2021 and I still have yet to receive anything which is bazaar seeing I've gotten 2 stimulus checks and just filed my taxes for 2020 and should be getting those any day but yet my account is credited. Why have they not sent what's owed? When should I begin to think I need to talk to someone? And by someone meaning do I need to go into my nearest IRS office? Can someone please shed light on my situation I need this money bad as anyone would considering the circumstances. Had I owed the IRS they would have taken there money asap anyway they could but when that money's due to me or anyone it's an arm and a leg! Again any advise any thoughts as to what I should do I feel like a closed mouth don't get fed but everything I've done to redeem my money as ended at a road block.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies