turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Looks like good news - Found on facebook

I got same message but want give up date on Get my payment

MalKay94

I received my first stimulus by check, even though I used my bank account info before. I have recently closed that account, well before the second round of stimulus was scheduled to come out. Does this mean it will come by paper check again?! Or... what? 

Nothing on my bank account changed, it is the 12th of January and TT has no information and neither does the IRS. I only made 21k in 2019, filed married separate...but I was out of work last year thanks to a surgery in January then Covid so how am I supposed to 'claim a credit' when I had no income? Soundsssss like a set up to me. Definitely wont be using TT again, Id rather mail in my taxes from here out. Nothings safe anymore-what a mess they made of this. And still have yet to accept responsibility. Real classy TT.

ThomasM125
Expert Alumni

It is difficult to determine why you have not received your stimulus check. Unfortunately, TurboTax cannot determine the status of your payment since that information is held confidentially by the IRS.

When you prepare your tax return for 2020 in TurboTax, you will be prompted to enter how much you received for your stimulus and then the program will calculate the amount of stimulus due you based on your income, number of dependents and payments already received. If any additional stimulus is due you, it will be used to reduce your 2020 income tax liability, and the balance will be refunded to you.

You will see the options when you are done entering your tax information and proceed to the review process.

You can file a tax return in 2020 to get your stimulus check, even if you aren't required to otherwise.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I use the mobile app and there is no option to select or find the Recovery Rebate Credit on 2020 Form 1040 or 1040-SR. I received my first check, so when they asked me how much was my stimulus last year, I put down $1,200 which is what I received. The government site says it doesn't have enough information about me. I did close my bank account so I can imagine that being an issue. I just want to make sure I filled all of the correct procedures on the app to receive my other $600. Again, is there an option  for the Recovery Rebate Credit on 2020 Form 1040 or 1040-SR and where can I find it on the app. My taxes are basically ready to be sent except I can't find the rebate option. Thanks

DustyLS

The account number that my check went to is one number off. The number was entered as 0 when it was supposed to be a 6.  Does this mean I will not get my stimulus? As of 1/13/21 I have not received it.  

CatinaT1
Employee Tax Expert

This link provides the most up to date information available from the IRS:  IRS Update

If you have a Turbo Card, this link will be helpful to you:  Turbo Card

This link will tell you more about the Recovery Rebate Credit:  Recovery Rebate Credit.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

You can file .all need to do is go on form where ask u it you got stimolous checks amount. if u filed u filed last yr you shouldnt have problem 

I’m in the same boat.  So when I filed, and updated my new bank account, I was asked if I had gotten the 2nd stimulus check. Well of course not, so they added it with my refund. 

I had a closed bank account.  I just finished my 2020 taxes and they just took it off the amount I would owe.  Now I don't owe $1200.   I only owe $600.  It is fine with me but I worry if we get another stimulus check under Biden where is it going to go?  I need to update my new banking info but cant seem to find help there.

Cass0317
Intuit Alumni

@tronald45 I would suggest keeping an eye on the IRS website for any updates. Any changes or updates you will find on the below IRS link:

Get My Payment Frequently Asked Questions

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies