turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

BillM223
Employee Tax Expert

What dies it mean when it’s say we have received your refund and it’s being processed

The 21 days is really more the maximum for a normal return without complications.

Really, even in tax season, the IRS sends out direct deposits in two to three weeks. They tell you three weeks to be conservative.

Start checking your bank account in the last part of the first week of March...and also be checking your mailbox, because that's when letters from the IRS arrive if they find something inconsistent.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

What dies it mean when it’s say we have received your refund and it’s being processed

My tax return been got accepted and it's been over 21 days now it just keep telling me to check back. 

No, I'm saying it's 21 days from the date the IRS APPROVES your return. This is the step after "we've received your return and its being processed'. But that's generally speaking, it could take longer. But if there are no issues with bank other outside factors, then you should receive your return within 21 days from the date your return was approved. Most people get them within that time frame (in the past it hasn't taken me the entire 21 days to receive mine)

I think some people get the turbo tax status of ''accepted' confused. Turbotax and IRS are completely separate. When you see this status on turbo tax it's just letting you know as a tax filer, that we've sent your return to the IRS and it's ok (no problems, errors, INITIAL concerns) to make it to IRS processing. Once you check your status via IRS, and you see approved... your money will be on its way 🙂

That's what mines saying smh

nfmous

My return was accepted Feb 1st (EITC)
My fiances was accepted Feb 2nd (EITC & ACTC)

we both checked status on IRS2GO (Where's my refund) on the 14th.

Both had said accepted and being reviewed or w/e

So they must've moved the date up internally when they realized 15th was a Saturday and a federal holiday proceeding. 

With that info I'm not sure it's entirely plausible to say it was the 18th. However, we still have the same status at 2pm on Friday (21st). Every year since the new EITC/ACTC laws we have gotten the refund approved and sent on the 22nd, happens to be saturday this year. I'm hoping for monday next week, but I think they might be running a bit behind since the federal holiday.

My best guess is 26th-2nd

Everybody relax

Its 21 days from when its accepted not approved! But some can take longer if you filed with credits like eic since those funds cant be released til after February 15. So if u have eic and if u filed ur return and it was accepted by the irs more then 21 days before the 15th u will not be one of the 9 out 10 filers that recieve there redund within 21 days obviously . One ur refund is "approved " they give u date and its usually less then a week not 21 days.

HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

In reference to the above, some refunds are delayed due to the PATH Act.  Please see the below link for additional information:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/refund-status/help/some-federal-refunds-will-be-delayed-due-to-the...

right, 💯👏☝️👌😭😭😅😂🤣💀💀 always get my refund on 2/22 or 2/23. now they are saying the week of 3/2 or 3/9.

thanks for the update and break down! always update a week after path lift's,

agent told me the week of 3/2 or 3/9 too,

I have no status bar. Just "We have received your tax return and it is being processed". I have the EIC and the other credit. I filed in Jan and it was accepted 1.22.2020...it had said it was accepted, then it went to the notification about PATHH and then it changed to no bar and just "We have received your tax return and it is being processed" with no date. Others I know had the same credits and filed around the same time and after me are getting dates updated saying their DD is 02.26...yet Im getting nothing. Should I be worried?

ChondelLO
Intuit Alumni

No, you shouldn't worry. That message just means that the IRS is still processing your return. Feel free to reach out to the IRS directly to find out the status of your return. For more information please click the link below.

How do I contact the Internal Revenue Service (IRS ...

Wrong. It does not take 6 weeks to receive a paper check. It takes 3-4 weeks. It takes 6 weeks for the irs to receive a paper mail tax return. Get your facts straight. 

Be patient. If you have dependents then you have to wait.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies