Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

opa1925

Just filed fed and Wisconsin for my folks. Dad passed away in 2020. I was to upload Wisc Form 804 when e-filed but TurboTax did not ask for the upload. How to add now?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

15 Replies
AkinaLO
Intuit Alumni

Just filed fed and Wisconsin for my folks. Dad passed away in 2020. I was to upload Wisc Form 804 when e-filed but TurboTax did not ask for the upload. How to add now?

Please follow the instructions in the article below to upload your documents.

How do I upload documents to My Docs™? - TurboTax

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I have similar issue.  I am using TurboTax Deluxe on my PC, not the online product.  The software did inform me that I need to file form 804, but "not to worry" because I would be prompted to upload a PDF of the form as I was filing.  I was never prompted to upload the form and the state rejected the e-file. The instruction in the software explained how to add this PDF if you are using the online product or Pro Series, but nothing for TurboTax Deluxe.  In the menu dropdowns there is a function called Attachments, but it is greyed out.

Karen67
Returning Member

I am having the same issue with Turbo Tax Premier for filing my deceased fathers taxes for 2021. It says to 'not worry'...I will be prompted to add the form 804 before filing....never happened. I had to wait for form 1310 for federal and was notified when it was added, but no updates for Wisconsin.  I have been trying to figure out what to do, but no answers and it's difficult to contact Turbo Tax directly.  

Hi,  I posted this same question last year and Turbo Tax responded.  Are you able to see that reply?  As I recall I had to download the form from the WI state website, fill it out and then followed the directions from Turbo Tax to upload it to be included with my e-file.  

If you can't see the reply from them I will try to copy and paste it in.

Decks04

I have my WI 804 uploaded in my documents but it was sent to state without it and rejected. I cannot figure out how to get it to attach to the state return. Any ideas?

Karen67
Returning Member

I do not see the reply from Turbo Tax.  I did download form 804 and have it ready to attach to Turbo Tax BUT Turbo Tax never told me where/when to attach and when I got to the file now...it still wasn't there.  If you can send me exactly what you got from Turbo Tax that would be great.  

This is the answer they gave me last year....

‎February 26, 2021 4:38 PM

Please follow the instructions in the article below to upload your documents.

How do I upload documents to My Docs™? - TurboTax

I have the same problem using the CD version. The online directions provided here don't apply.

Can we get a TurboTax support person to answer this?

If cannot find soon, will have to contact TurboTax to get a refund for the state e-filing fee I paid.

Thanks!

DianeW777
Expert Alumni

This form is not available for 2021.  You can complete Form 804 for Wisconsin (WI) for the person who is deceased. Then you can save the .pdf to your computer and upload it to your tax return as follows. The instructions are specifically for TurboTax CD/Download version.

1. Go to the WI State return
  2. Select 'Other Situations' > Required PDF Attachments > Start or Revisit
  3. Enter a Document Name
  4. Enter a description for Purpose for Attaching > Continue to screen 'Looks like you need to attach a PDF' > Continue
  5. Select 'Get PDF' beside the slot for 'Attach Claim for Decedent's WI Income Tax Refund and any additional requirements' > Go to the folder where your 804 is located and select it to attach it.
  6. See the images below for assistance.

Please accept my sympathies.

Thank you so much for your fast and effective answer Diane!

I followed your directions and they worked as described!

I appreciate your well wishes as well.

Keep up the great work at TurboTax!!! I am a long time customer.

Margiec

Hi Diane;

I followed the steps outlined in your message below, when I click get pdf, I browse to and select the form and hit continue but it comes back saying the form was not uploaded.  There is also a box that says "Attach WI" and a get pdf button.  Do I need to print a pdf of the return and add that, too?

Thank you,

Margiec

AmyC
Expert Alumni

No, you don't need to create a paper copy since this is electronic. You want to click the box to Get Pdf with Attach WI. If you were mailing it in, you would need paper copies of the form and the return.

Thank you DianeW777!! You helped me fix my problem!

KADan78

I already did my efile because I read the info from the online version and assumed I could go in my account afterward and attach the file. I used the cd version though. Will I have to mail in the form or will I get a chance to correct this issue? It’s been a while since I did  the taxes since my husband handled that and he’s the one who is deceased. Thank you for your help. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies