turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How long does it take for the IRS to accept my payment. I filed about a month ago and I'm waiting for them to withdraw from my bank.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
KatyeH

How long does it take for the IRS to accept my payment. I filed about a month ago and I'm waiting for them to withdraw from my bank.

It shouldn't take more than 7-10 days past the payment date specified for the funds to be withdrawn.

If your payment has not been processed, you will need to call IRS e-file Payment Services at 1-888-353-4537 or contact your state tax agency, as appropriate.

Doobey420

That comment about 7-10 days is from 2019... how long is it taking these payments to process in Real Time?

NashayLO
Intuit Alumni

@Doobey420 This article was updated a month ago and it states, "If you still don't see the debit in your bank account 7–10 days after your return has been accepted, call IRS e-file Payment Services at 1-888-353-4537 or contact your state agency."

Please see TurboTax FAQ, When will my tax payment go through?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies