turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Anonymous
Not applicable

It's been over 21 days and I have not received my refund is there something wrong

the IRS is behind in processing refunds. there is nothing you can do about this.   the 21 days was a TT estimate not a guarantee.   some refunds have taken over 150 days based on some of the posts

yfjwil

It's been over 21 days and I have not received my refund is there something wrong

Any update on your refund I heard today 3/03 was the day. I too filed on the 28th and no refund yet 

jovonfag

itcontinue to say proessing

ChondelLO
Intuit Alumni

It can take up to 21 calendar days (sometimes a little longer) after your return is accepted before you receive your refund from the IRS. The IRS is the only entity that has insight into why your return may be delaying. Continue to check the status of your return by using the Where's My Refund Tool located at the IRS website.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
bettyplatt57
Returning Member

It's been way over 21 days I filed and got accepted.i filed Feb 10th got accepted Feb 10.i need to know what's going on.

Cass0317
Intuit Alumni

@bettyplatt57 At TurboTax we have no way of finding out specific information about the processing of an individual tax return once it's been transmitted to the government (Accepted). Even though the IRS issues 9 out of 10 tax refunds within 21 days, it's possible your return may require additional review and take longer to process.

If your tax return status shows it is processing/review, the government reviews your refund.

During the review process, they look for math errors on your return (extremely rare in TurboTax) and they also check if you owe back taxes, unpaid child support, or other debts. Once that part's done, the government approves your refund, which means it's ready to be deposited or sent. At that point the IRS site will update with a direct deposit date.

The general timeline of e-filed returns is: Transmission > Acceptance > Review/Processing > Approval > Refund.

Continue to check Where’s My Federal Refund?. The IRS usually updates daily, usually overnight.

Please see the links below for more information:

TSLadyM

Thank you!! This is so helpful on how to get to a person to gather more information about the delay!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies