turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

It has been 22 days still no refund.is this normal? Is anyone else having problems or is just me? What should I do?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

14 Replies
HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

It has been 22 days still no refund.is this normal? Is anyone else having problems or is just me? What should I do?

Have you tried tracking via the IRS website? https://www.irs.gov/refunds

Also, please note, it can take up to 21 days for the IRS to disburse your refund after acceptance.  Please see below for additional information:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/5340655

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

i filed on January 15th, it was accepted on January 28th, and now it is February 17th and I still don't have a date for a refund. I keep checking Where's My Refund tool, and it has finally changed to "it is being processed". But still no date. My state taxes are done processing, they are usually done after my federal. I don't understand why it's taking longer this year.

Have they sent you a refund yet?? I'm in that boat right now. Accepted January still processing and its March 5
HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

There can be various reasons as to delayed refunds.  Please see additional information here: <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3302330">https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3302330</a>

I'm in the same situation. My refund should have came the 17th which was yesterday but it was President's Day. So I hope I will receive my refund today. I've checked IRS website all it says is my refund is being processed. It's been saying that since Saturday. 

ChondelLO
Intuit Alumni

The IRS issues most refunds in about 21 days, although some returns take more time to review. Please continue to check for updates using the Where's My Refund? tool at the IRS website, which updates daily.

When will I get my IRS tax refund? - Community

Mpec

Any update? I’m on the same boat.

Mpec

Mine says the same thing.

ChondelLO
Intuit Alumni

The IRS issues most refunds in about 21 days, although some returns take more time to review. Returns with the EIC or Additional Child Tax Credit may take a little longer to be deposited due to the PATH Act.

When will I get my IRS tax refund? - Community

[Profanity Removed] The topics says "it's been 22 days" and all they can say is the same " IRS issues most refunds within 21 days", it's been 22+ days

@Fedupwiththfeds 

Once a tax return has been Accepted by the IRS or a State, TurboTax receives no further information concerning the tax return or the status of any tax refund.  Only the taxpayer listed on the tax return can obtain the status of a tax refund or a tax return.

After the tax return has been Accepted by the IRS (meaning only that they received the return) it will be in the Processing mode until the tax refund has been Approved and then an Issue Date will be available on the IRS website.
See this IRS website for federal tax refund FAQ's - https://www.irs.gov/refunds/tax-season-refund-frequently-asked-questions
If over 21 days since being Accepted by the IRS and the tax refund is still Processing you can call the IRS and speak with an IRS agent concerning your tax refund.
Call the IRS: 1-800-829-1040 hours 7 AM - 7 PM local time Monday-Friday
When calling the IRS do NOT choose the first option re: "Refund", or it will send you to an automated phone line.
So after first choosing your language, then do NOT choose Option 1 (refund info). Choose option 2 for "personal income tax" instead.
Then press 1 for "form, tax history, or payment".
Then press 3 "for all other questions."
Then press 2 "for all other questions."
- When it asks you to enter your SSN or EIN to access your account information, don't enter anything.
- After it asks twice, you will get another menu.
Then press 2 for personal or individual tax questions.
It should then transfer you to an agent.

It’s been 22 days for me as well 

It's been since March 31,2020 that I had efiled and nothing it's April 24,2020 what's up 

JotikaT2
Employee Tax Expert

Probably not.

The IRS operations are limited during the Covid-19 pandemic and phone agents are not available at the moment to assist you with your refund status.  Attached is a link with more information as to what departments are available to contact at the moment.

IRS operations

The IRS issues a lot of refunds within 21 days, but it could take longer.  Trying using the following link to track your refund.

IRS processing time and refund status 

The online link is your best option to track your refund.  I have attached a link with more answers from the IRS as to why your refund may be taking longer to process.

Federal refund questions

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies