turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Smithca0101
Returning Member

Is There anyway to see if my 2018 taxes just got filed not any information just like a yes or no they were filed?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

Is There anyway to see if my 2018 taxes just got filed not any information just like a yes or no they were filed?

If you efiled they need to be Accepted.  When you log into your account you should see the status and if it was Accepted or Rejected, Started, Printed, Ready to Mail, etc.  what does it say?

When you efile you get back 2 emails. The first email only confirms the transmission. The second email says if the IRS (or state) Accepted or Rejected your efile. 

When you say "just got filed"  what do you mean by that?  As of October 15, 2019 the only way you could file a 2018 tax return was to print, sign and mail it in.  E-filing is permanently closed for 2018 returns.

If you used the current online software for a 2018 return that is a big mistake--and you could not  have "just" e-filed it because e-filing is not yet open for 2019 returns.  The online software can only be used for a 2019 return.

Please clarify what you did.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies