Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Is anyone still waiting for a Amend Federal tax return filed in Feb 2022 ?

I filed an Amend Federal in Feb 2022 & I STILL havent recieved it
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

Yes---lots of people are waiting.

Even during “normal” times it takes about four months for the IRS to process an amended return.  During the pandemic and due to the severe backlog at the IRS it is taking much longer—six months or much longer for many amended returns.  Do not expect quick results from amending.  When the IRS issues a refund for an amended return it will be by check.  They do not make direct deposits for refunds for amended returns.  You can watch for information here:

https://www.irs.gov/Filing/Individuals/Amended-Returns-(Form-1040-X)/Wheres-My-Amended-Return-1

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

@xmasbaby0 

Thank you for the info ! Yeah i filed thru TurboTax an Amend Federal on Feb 2022 & i was told it would take 20 weeks to process. Thats all i recieved.. & its been well over 20 weeks. I guess i have to keep waiting.... even the IRS is no help they keep telling me your State refund was recieved blablabla but thats not what I am asking for you know.... Thank you so much for your reply 😊🙏🏻

@teresad112 - figure amendements will take 9-12 months from the time your filed the amendment.  Here is what the IRS website states.  

Status of Processing Form 1040-X, Amended Individual Tax Return: As of August 6, 2022, we had 2.1 million unprocessed Forms 1040-X. We are processing these returns in the order received and are working hard to get through the inventory. The current timeframe can be more than 20 weeks instead of up to 16. Please don't file a second tax return or contact the IRS about the status of your amended return. Taxpayers should continue to check  Where's My Amended Return? for the most up to date processing status available.

note it states 'more than 20 weeks' and there is no upper limit in their statement.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies