turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Is anyone else still waiting for their NJ tax refund? I filed in early Feb. and am still waiting.

If these dates are correct 3 months back from June is March.

Is anyone else still waiting for their NJ tax refund? I filed in early Feb. and am still waiting.

Same for me. I did everything. Nj deducted my amount by $200+ because I didn't have all my w2s. Smh but after 6 months I finally have a DDD for 7/25.

Yep! It was accepted.

yeah its weird. I had all my W2's. No issue there. Spoke to someone again on 7/18 and they said "yeah its all there and its in queue to be processed. Just give them a few more days". Website still says nothing about my status when I put in my info.

I filed electronically in February and I still have not received it.  The status has been “checking for accuracy” for 4 months now. Total 6 months and waiting. I cannot get answers on the phone either.  I’m trying to not be angry. 

yes...I have not received my tax credit till now. Appreciate your help 

@prakashchinnadurai You have posted to an old thread full of other people's posts.  No one knows what tax credit you are referring to, or what state you are talking about.  If you want help then start your own new question in your own new thread.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

I think the "extra security" causing the delay is BS. They purposefully delay processing the refunds so that they can hold onto our money longer. Why is the IRS able to process a federal refund in less than 14 days but NJ takes 30+ days??

haileytic

I filed on Feb 8th and now it's 4/22/2020 and still have not received my state tax refund.  Received the federal but not the state.  Don't understand where it is.   90 days will be May 8th only 2 weeks away.  Anybody have a solution?  

@haileytic

Federal and state refunds come from completely separate entities,  There is no rule as to which one will come first or how much time there will be between their arrivals.

STATE RETURN

Make sure your state return was accepted:  https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tools/efile-status-lookup/

To track your state refund:    

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899433-how-do-i-track-my-state-refund

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
fjl01

I submitted my NJ tax return in Feb. 202.  It is not July 4, 2020.  Website says it is still processing.  IRS refund 3 weeks.  PA refund 4 weeks.  NJ is 5 months and counting.  They just need to verify I live in PA and refund my NJ taxes.  Not hard.  Maybe NJ is holding refunds for out of state residents to collect the interest on our money.

Very glad I do not live in such a poorly run state.

cowsfoot5

I am in the same boat filed feb. 12 received my federal- in April- I'm still waiting on my state return- It says processing its been 5 mnts already!

I have been waiting for two years and still have not gotten my state refund.  Why are you taking so long?

@jacqueline79- Contact the state.  TurboTax gets no information after you file your tax return.  Your refund is not coming to you from TurboTax.  It has to come to you from the state.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/state-taxes/help/how-do-i-contact-my-state-department-of-revenue/0...

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies