Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

IRS “Wheres my Refund” tool

Its been over three weeks since i filed my Federal and it was accepted. The “wheres my refund” tool keeps saying it has been delayed and is still being processed. Then i realized i said i never got my 3rd stimulus but did. Why Is a simple recovery rebate question going to delay my taxes significantly. I called IRS and they keep hanging up on me.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Vanessa A
Expert Alumni

If you had an error on your return, and claimed that you did not get the stimulus when you did, the IRS will take a little longer to process your return.  You will likely get a letter telling you that your return had an error on it and they are reviewing it.  You will then get a second letter telling you your new refund amount.  If the reason for the delay is that they are making a correction, it can take several extra weeks. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

12 Replies
Krm19782007
Returning Member

Mine says the same thing and I'm trying to figure out why also. It was accepted over 21 days ago. 

Vanessa A
Expert Alumni

If you had an error on your return, and claimed that you did not get the stimulus when you did, the IRS will take a little longer to process your return.  You will likely get a letter telling you that your return had an error on it and they are reviewing it.  You will then get a second letter telling you your new refund amount.  If the reason for the delay is that they are making a correction, it can take several extra weeks. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Thanks 😊 so much for this information.  I was thinking that I only received 2 stimulus checks and I figured out that I had indeed received 3.  So I answered that question wrong when filing my taxes.  So now to my dismay, I will not receive my return in a timely fashion and you are saying that the dollar amount of my return will change?!!😠😳.  Why?!!!!  And I haven’t received any communication from them and I filed with Turbo Tax over 30 days ago…..

I inadvertently answered that question incorrectly also🤭D:…..as I thought I had only received 2…only to be reminded by my coworker that it was actually 3.  So now what do I ado to fix this problem?!!  I filed over 30 days ago….. and I have heard not a peep from the IRS 😒😣

Last year this same "error" took weeks to months to be resolved which is why you are cautioned to enter the correct amount the first time.

I wish that I could simply change it to the right answer…..it truly was an honest mistake.  I could’ve sworn I only got 2 stimulus checks in 2021 and one at the end of 2020 😰

Anybody who put an amount on Line 30 that does not match the IRS records will see a delay in processing.

Only EIP3 can be claimed on your 2021 tax return.

It been a whole month and I still ain't got my refund I am getting really frustrated with this can I spend the extra $138 just to make sure I got my taxes back on time

I called the IRS and he told me I didn't owe nothing and he said he had my recent taxes I should get them in June I just wonder why my texts ain't here yet I did everything right I didn't get I didn't see no stimulus none of them so what should I do now?

Thank you!

I have filed my taxes with turbo tax already. I haven't received my taxes since 2020 where's my refund.

miahway
Returning Member

my return was also excepted & only got two simulus

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies