Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

kjdopke13

Irs site says We have received your tax return and it is being processed. is this good or bad?

When I check my refund on the IRS site it says this - We have received your tax return and it is being processed.
before it was just accepted, per the refund chart it says should be issued by 2/18 is this still the case?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

18 Replies

Irs site says We have received your tax return and it is being processed. is this good or bad?

Following...This is what I received as well.

The good news is that the IRS is working on your return. The bad news is that they are way behind so don’t count on a certain date for your refund. 

I have the same status accepted Feb / 2 and still processing. Not counting on any dates LOL from IRS.

Following. Mine says the same thing. Ive also read that others have the “still being processed” with tax topic 152 at the bottom. However, I only have what you said: “being Processed”. Prior to this message (yesterday), I had a PATH message with a tax topic 152

Right, that's what happened to me. I praying this means that it's coming soon.

abat5

following. Mine says the same, I got a message on 2/1 saying it was accepted, but it is still pending on the IRS website 😕

@abat5 wrote:

following. Mine says the same, I got a message on 2/1 saying it was accepted, but it is still pending on the IRS website 😕

After the tax return has been Accepted by the IRS (meaning only that they received the return) it will be in the Processing mode until the tax refund has been Approved and then an Issue Date will be available on the IRS website.
See this IRS website for federal tax refund FAQ's - https://www.irs.gov/refunds/tax-season-refund-frequently-asked-questions

Note - The 21 days is a target for the IRS, it is Not a guarantee.

good news. once the IRS accepts a return it must be processed in order to issue a refund. the 2/18 is just a rough estimate. last year there were many delays by the IRS in issuing refunds. check its WMR page.

Following .., I had the initial words … had to go through ID.me two weeks ago … got this status today. Anyone get their return after the IDME process?

you can check your refund status without setting up an account on ID.me.

Your ID.me account will have no effect on your tax return process.

You can review your transcripts and account balances once you have that account with IRS.

I got a specific snail mail from the IRS saying I had to confirm my identity two weeks ago

do not confuse verification of your identity for Form 1040,

with verification of your identity to establish an IRS account on IRS website using ID.me.

Any luck ? still waiting on my tax return still saying being processed does anyone know 

@Milani mom wrote:

Any luck ? still waiting on my tax return still saying being processed does anyone know 

After the tax return has been Accepted by the IRS (meaning only that they received the return) it will be in the Processing mode until the tax refund has been Approved and then an Issue Date will be available on the IRS website.
See this IRS website for federal tax refund FAQ's - https://www.irs.gov/refunds/tax-season-refund-frequently-asked-questions

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies