turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

DaraLO
Intuit Alumni

IRS said they sent me a letter for more information I have not received it what do I do?

@anitracllns The IRS has closed some of their local field offices; however, you should still be able to reach a representative when you call.  You may experience a long hold time due to high call volume.  Go here for steps to reach a live IRS agent when you call.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

IRS said they sent me a letter for more information I have not received it what do I do?

I have tried calling just about everything day at different times and still not able to get through.

Whatever is delaying my return is the letter from the IRS that I have yet to receive. I have filed a report to my local post office, but have not received a response from them yet on my missing mail. 

How can I contact a live person at Turbotax

ChondelLO
Intuit Alumni

Please click the link below to contact Customer Support for assistance.

What is the TurboTax phone number? - Community

Meanwhile I still owe fees to Turbo tax that is supposed to come out my return that I have yet to get. I received my state but my Federal is held up.

What do I do can turn tax assist

AkinaLO
Intuit Alumni

Please contact support below as soon as possible to discuss the deferment of your auto-debit. 

What is the TurboTax phone number? - Community

Also, The IRS is "continuing to process tax returns, issue refunds, and help taxpayers to the greatest extent possible." Please refer to the following link for an update on what's happening.    

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/taxpayer-assistance-center-statement  

Stacey112109
Returning Member

I was suppose to receive a letter March 30th and it never came.  Did you receive yours yet?

CassLO
Intuit Alumni

@Stacey112109 You would need to reach out to the IRS. Please see the contact information below:

How do I contact the Internal Revenue Service (IRS)?

Note: 

You will need to follow the prompts in order to speak to an IRS agent. There is a high call volume this time of year.

When calling the IRS do NOT choose Option 1.   

Choose Option 2 after you choose the language.   

Then Press 1    

Then Press 3   

Then Press 2, it will then transfer you to an agent.  

I have not received  a letter I was supposed to get by mid March and it never came. I contacted my local usps but there was not much  they could because  there is no tracking on it. I will have to wait for the IRS call center to open back and let them know and prayerfully they will resend it.

Do you have any idea when the IRS call center will open back up to take calls. There is a recorded message saying they are temporarily  unavailable at this time. I went to irs web site but don't see information regarding  the car center.

AshleyLO
Intuit Alumni

@anitracllns At this time we do not have an idea on when the IRS will resume normal operations. Most of their efforts recently have been put into the distribution of stimulus payments so hopefully once they work out those details they will be return to processing returns and issuing refunds. To stay up-to-date on these developments, regularly visit the IRS website irs.gov.

I have the IDENTICAL problem and am not sure what to do. Eventually someone will get in touch somehow or send another one. I'm just going to file as normal and go from there.

AkinaLO
Intuit Alumni

Please follow the instructions given in the following link for help when you receive the letter. 

TurboTax Audit Support Center  

This link does not help me at the moment right now. I have not received  the letter that was sent. I have to wait for the call center open back up to see if they will resend the letter.

CassLO
Intuit Alumni

@anitracllns Correct, if you do not receive the letter, once the IRS reopens their phone lines, please see the contact information below:

How do I contact the Internal Revenue Service (IRS)?

Note: 

You will need to follow the prompts in order to speak to an IRS agent. There is a high call volume this time of year.

When calling the IRS do NOT choose Option 1.   

Choose Option 2 after you choose the language.   

Then Press 1    

Then Press 3   

Then Press 2, it will then transfer you to an agent.  

Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies