turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

IRS accepted my federal refund on 2/18, but the IRS WMF website shows "You may not have entered your information correctly. Please verify your personal tax data and try again."

I filed my federal return on 2/18/2021, and on the same day, I got the email saying IRS accepted my federal refund. TurboTax says I should receive my refund by 3/11/2021, but up until now, I still haven't received it. I filed my return electronically and have entered my bank direct deposit information.

I went to IRS Where's My Refund site, and entered my SSN, Status, and Refund amount exactly shown on my 1040 Form (refund amount is based on line 35a), but the IRS WMF site responded with "You may not have entered your information correctly. Please verify your personal tax data and try again." 

I'm pretty sure all the information is correct, and I'm a bit concerned. I called TurboTax, and the agent said she doesn't know what happened and what to do with it other than just wait.  Does anyone have the same issue?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

17 Replies
JoannaB2
Expert Alumni

IRS accepted my federal refund on 2/18, but the IRS WMF website shows "You may not have entered your information correctly. Please verify your personal tax data and try again."

You can check the IRS website again under Refunds tab to check the status of your return.  You  must enter the primary SSN, filing status, and the gross amount of the refund. You may also call IRS @ 1-800-829-1040.

Thanks for your reply, but I did exactly what you said. The primary SSN, filing status, and the gross amount of the refund, but it is still showing "You may not have entered your information correctly. Please verify your personal tax data and try again."

Gr8killz85d
Returning Member

Also having the same issue waiting three more days . 

DanaB27
Expert Alumni

If you cannot get information at the IRS Where's My Refund? site then you can try calling the WMR automated hotline instead: 1-800-829-1954.

Some returns may take longer to process. Please see What if my IRS refund is taking longer than 21 days? for information what to do and why it might take longer.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Thanks.

I just tried. Got a similar answer from the Hotline.

AmyC
Expert Alumni

If your refund included earned income credit, additional child tax credit, or stimulus, your refund is expected to be delayed. See Why is my IRS refund taking longer than 21 days?

Thank you for all your responses. However, none of them answers my question of why it is delayed and why the WMF website shows "You may not have entered your information correctly. Please verify your personal tax data and try again."

I'm still concerned, I tried calling IRS, but the line is always busy, and there's no way to get someone to answer my call. It's just a mess.

JotikaT2
Employee Tax Expert

The online link is your best option to track your refund.  I have attached a link with more answers from the IRS as to why your refund may be taking longer to process.

Federal refund questions

Update: 

After waiting for 40 days the IRS WMF website finally stopped showing that my information is incorrect, and it is showing that the return is received (still not approved yet).  

Jdee5280
Returning Member

I have the same issue where is my money at you guys get paid to do our taxes fill it out correctly 

AshleyLO
Intuit Alumni

@Jdee5280 Once you submit your return to the IRS, they are the only ones who can provide you with any updates. You can try to reach out to them by calling: How do I contact the Internal Revenue Service (IRS)?

Hi @yjchyan 

Did you ever receive your federal return?

Yes, after 2 months and a letter from a Congressman, I finally got the return. It was a pain for sure.

I see. Its good for you. Glad to got it finally. 
but I just wondering, you said you got a letter. What was about this letter? Is there any mistake on your paperwork? If you there is, What was it? 

sorry about these questions 🙂 

thank you 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies