Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

CUMeyer
Returning Member

Incorrect Credit Number entered

How can I correct my credit card information?  I accidently entered an incorrect credit number.  I expected to get a message that the card was not accepted.  Not yet!  How can I change the credit card information?

Thanks.

Christian

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

8 Replies

What or where did you enter it?  Are you trying to buy the Desktop program or pay for an Online return?  Or update your Advantage Auto renew account?

@CUMeyer wrote:

How can I correct my credit card information?  I accidently entered an incorrect credit number.  I expected to get a message that the card was not accepted.  Not yet!  How can I change the credit card information?

Thanks.

Christian

You will have to update your credit card information on your TurboTax account using this website - https://shopping.turbotax.intuit.com/unified/downloads?route=myaccounts&cgcview=billing

If you have a TurboTax Advantage subscription for the TurboTax software then see this TurboTax support FAQ for updating your Advantage account - https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/choosing-a-product/help/how-do-i-update-or-confirm-the-info-in-my-...

CUMeyer
Returning Member

I have done this already.  How long do I need to wait while my order is being processed?  It has been 3 days and still no word.  Christian

CUMeyer
Returning Member

This was an online return.  I have received a copy of the order; yet, I ma struggling to see what the status is.  Thanks Christian

@CUMeyer wrote:

I have done this already.  How long do I need to wait while my order is being processed?  It has been 3 days and still no word.  Christian

Any payment you make with a credit card there will be an email from TurboTax confirming the order including the amount paid and what was ordered.

Did you receive the email?  It may be in your spam or junk mail folder if not in your incoming mail.

An Online return?   What did you order?   If you updated your credit card info for next year's program it doesn't come out until mid November.   

CUMeyer
Returning Member

Thanks for your response Volvo Girl.  My other credit has been charged; yet, I have not received my tax returns.  Frustrating!

Your tax returns?   Or the program?

If you are an Advantage subscriber sign onto your Advantage account to download

https://accounts-tax.intuit.com/turbotaxadvantage

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies