turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I would like to change my refund to a paper check instead of direct deposit. How can I do this?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
LindaA
Expert Alumni

I would like to change my refund to a paper check instead of direct deposit. How can I do this?

If your return hasn't already been e-filed and accepted by the IRS, just go back to the File section and change from direct deposit to check. You can't change the method if your return has already been accepted by the IRS. (Note: If you entered an invalid bank account number, the IRS will issue you a paper check.) Please see the FAQs below for more information.

How do I change my refund method?
 https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/4288359

What if I entered the wrong bank account for direct deposit? https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3302459

View solution in original post

7 Replies
LindaA
Expert Alumni

If your return hasn't already been e-filed and accepted by the IRS, just go back to the File section and change from direct deposit to check. You can't change the method if your return has already been accepted by the IRS. (Note: If you entered an invalid bank account number, the IRS will issue you a paper check.) Please see the FAQs below for more information.

How do I change my refund method?
 https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/4288359

What if I entered the wrong bank account for direct deposit? https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3302459
thiizy

so i'm having an issue where i was suppose to get my money long ago and the money was suppose to hit onto my credit karma account but i haven't received my money even tho it's indicated that my money is accept by the irs and has been process as well..My credit karma that they had me e-file is stating zero and I'm frustrated because i've check and waited all day/month long.

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

Does the refund show it has been sent? @thiizy

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
thiizy

Yes and, it's also stated that it's been process by the state and accepted by the irs.

HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

@thiizy

If it is showing as Approved and payment sent on the IRS Where's My Refund site, you will then need to reach out to Credit Karma's Customer Service for your account.  To reach out, please see their Help Page

thiizy

I have contacted Credit Karma and they told me it was turbotax end... is there anyway i can just get a paper check?

TiffanyL
Intuit Alumni

If this is for your federal return, I would suggest contacting the IRS directly to check and see what is going on with your refund.

If you are checking on your state refund, you can use the link below and select your state to track your refund or you can reach out to your state department of revenue:

How do I track my state refund?

@thiizy

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies