turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Is there a way to increase the font or size of the on screen print

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

20 Replies
DaraLO
Intuit Alumni

If you're using the Chrome browser, click View located on the top menu bar of your browser.  From here you can click Zoom In or Zoom Out to increase or decrease the font on your screen.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

That only increase the size of the Chrome page Font not the Ttax app
DaraLO
Intuit Alumni

There is not a feature to increase the font within TurboTax Online.  Zooming in from your browser is the only way to make the text larger.  I tested this out within my TurboTax account, using the Chrome browser, and it increased the size of the text within my return.
Kathy17

2019 Taxes.  Not using browser. Does not work in the app. Forms are big but "Easy Step" is tiny font.  Is there something inside the app that allows the font to be bigger for 2019?

HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

Unfortunately there is no feature to increase the font within the App.  You can however, use the Chrome browser to use the Online version of the program and increase the font that way.  

If there is no feature then why in preference does it open a slider to change "form scale".  I also am using the application on my desktop and have this problem of the font too small. The slider control in preferences for "form scale" goes from 50-200% but when I slide the arrow it doesn't change anything.  

I'm using a Mac with Mojave OS.

The Form Scale control works in Form View.  That is useful because some of the text on Forms is very small.  It doesn't work in Easy Step view and I wish it did.

I find it pretty awful if you can't increase the size of just the TurboTax display.  I am using a Windows 10 PC with a 27 inch monitor.  I don't want to change the display size for the whole computer just for Turbotax.  This was never an issue in the old TurboTax.

Bob

Just to clarify, I was referring to the size of the font in the ribbon on the top of the screen where all the Turbotax commands are e.g. Exit, Save, etc., etc. and the size of the font in the tray at the bottom of the screen where you find access to Revenue Canada forms, etc..  The font for the rest of the screen can be increased or decreased by going to the ribbon at the top of the screen and selecting Zoom In or Zoom out.  That way you can easily select Zoom Out and pick the size of the display that suits you.

My problem is that I can barely make out the items at the very top and the very bottom of the screen and I often have  to resort to using a magnifying glass to select what I want.  Surely Turbotax or someone has found a solution to  this problem?

Thank you.

Bob

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.  I have copied the link with a screenshot of how to increase the text on your menu bar below:

https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/community/navigating-turbotax/help/how-do-i-make-text-larger-cd...

The Form Scale slider seems to only affect the size of the font in the forms view and not the EasyStep view.

Cass0317
Intuit Alumni

@ericgbirds Try pressing CTRL and the PLUS SIGN. This should increase the font size in both the Online version and Desktop version. 

You can decrease the size of the font by pressing CTRL and MINUS SIGN.

"ChristieB New Member"

On an Mac, push your cursor all the way to the top of the screen. When the tool bar appears, go to the little black apple in the upper left corner of the screen.  Click on the apple and a menu will appear.  Click on "System Preferences."  A "System Preferences" window should appear momentarily.  Find the "Displays" icon and click on it. In the window that appears, select "Display."  At "Resolution,"  select "Scaled." Pick a lower resolution scale and click on it.  The screen should blacken momentarily, then the new scale will be displayed both in the window and in the TurboTax Screen. "Sunriver Level 1"

RowByrow

I use the PC version too.

I find it awful that the help screen uses tiny text with no way to enlarge it.

Example: Click the Federal Taxes tab, then Deductions

Click the Property Taxes' (Learn More)  and the popup window appears with font size adjustment along the top; However, Click the Update button and find the Learn more link and you get the tiny text that is hard to read. No way to adjust the text size or even the ability to print it.

This is a design mistake.  I should not have to read the fine print to Learn more.

I do have a workaround.

Highlight the text and press Ctrl-C (copy to clipboard), open Notepad and Ctrl-V (paste from clipboard).

With Notepad open adjust size with Ctrl (+) and Ctrl (-).

While some things--like forms--can be resized, I find the list of forms under Forms View to be very difficult to read. Not sure why TT can't increase the font size or at least add a feature that allows font size to be increased to a more easily readable size. 

TT ought to have a couple of older folks look at their entire product and listen to their  suggestions to make TT more user-friendly.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies