turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Tax Year Prior to 2020: If we filed with TurboTax, does the IRS have our bank information to have the stimulus direct deposited? Will we me the mailed recipients of the check?

Hello I also have a question?

VictoriaD75
Expert Alumni

Tax Year Prior to 2020: If we filed with TurboTax, does the IRS have our bank information to have the stimulus direct deposited? Will we me the mailed recipients of the check?

If you chose direct deposit, the IRS will have your bank information. For other forms of deposit, we are still waiting for IRS guidance regarding updating or providing direct deposit information for the stimulus payments and how they will be distributed to these type of accounts. We will have more information once the government finalizes the details.

In the meantime, you can visit the following links for the most recent updates:

IRS Coronavirus Tax Relief

TurboTax Corona Virus Tax Center Updates 

Per the IRS:

In the coming weeks, Treasury plans to develop a web-based portal for individuals to provide their banking information to the IRS online, so that individuals can receive payments immediately as opposed to checks in the mail.

IRS Economic Impact Payments

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

In an article it said turbo tax had a way for those of us filing 0 to give our banking info and  to file free. It never asked me for that banking info just said it was filed and had to wait to see if it accepted. I can’t wait months for that money. Was the article right did I do something wrong ?  

Does the irs have my bank account number

JohnW222
Expert Alumni

If you entered direct deposit information on your 2018 or 2019 tax return, the IRS should have your bank information. 

Please see How do I update my direct deposit bank account info with the IRS? and What do I need to do to get my stimulus check? in the TurboTax article Everything to help you get your stimulus check as soon as possible for additional information.

If you didn't file a 2018 or 2019 return, and didn't need to, see If you don’t need to file your taxes this year in the article linked above.

No I did not file either year due to not working and trying to get on disability. That’s what I was trying to say!  It never gave me the opportunity to add my banking info when I tried to file the 1st time with 0 it had all my info from trying and them wanting me to mail in my return. Then the piece popped up about being able to file it never gave me a chance to enter banking info it just said it sent it to be filed.  

CatinaT1
Employee Tax Expert

Register here.  Don't try to file a 0 income return or you will not be able to enter deposit info.

This TurboTax website will let you register if you don't need to file: CORONAVIRUS TAX CENTER: 2020 STIMULUS

Just select: If you don’t need to file your taxes this year

Yes I had already try to apply it wanted me to mail it when it said I could do the stimulus part it had all the info and didn’t ask which sucked wish they would of said that before so I could if changed to 1$ to get direct deposit into in Hope the irs gets that portal up soon! 

Jdca

Just jumping in and seeing this.. where is the link on turbo tax for Inputting banking information? I did see that my banking information is on my 2018 return and I did direct deposit

CatinaT1
Employee Tax Expert

Follow these sites for the most up to date info.  Things are changing rapidly.  Not all questions have been answered yet.

IRS Coronavirus Tax Relief

TurboTax Corona Virus Tax Center Updates

https://www.sbtpg.com/coronavirus-stimulus-payment-info/

Vxh3304

Are you sure? It doesn't say that anywhere in the link you provided 

So I am reading through this thread and am still confused.   So if we had TurboTax deduct our fees from our refund and refund was then  direct deposit from SBTPG it is unclear if IRS has our direct deposit info for stimulus?

can we all agree to post here when and if we get stimulus direct deposit and circumstances ie had TurboTax fees deducted from 2019 refund etc

@brad39  Thank you! Well said! I pray we get the correct answer....because if not...perhaps next year I will explore other options! We need those whom can educate us....instead of speculations.  We all are under excessive amounts of stress...and money is definitely needed for most!

I downloaded my tax documents thru turbo tax. I also had my fees deducted from federal. My docs. Shows my personal bank account info.

Then we are screwed 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies