turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

If I was NOT a dependent in 2018 but am now in 2019 do I qualify for stimulus check? I have not done my 2019 taxes yet.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
MinhT1
Expert Alumni

If I was NOT a dependent in 2018 but am now in 2019 do I qualify for stimulus check? I have not done my 2019 taxes yet.

If you are claimed as a dependent in 2019 then you are not eligible for the stimulus payment.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Josh126
Returning Member

My girlfriend just did her taxes last week and already got her stimulus but I did mine March 31st 2020 and haven't gotten mine, why is that?

Did you efile your return and was it accepted? Did you have direct deposit information on the return? Either of those things could slow your payment. As with most things the IRS does, it's not possible to predict when people will get their payment. You will be able to track it on an IRS online portal in mid April. See this for where to look for the portal: https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/economic-impact-payments

GiseleD
Expert Alumni

The IRS is responsible for selecting the order in which the stimulus payments are sent. Fortunately, the IRS is rolling out the "Get My Payment" tool in mid April. According to IRS.gov, you can use the "Get My Payment" application (coming mid-April) to:

• Check your payment status
  • Confirm your payment type: direct deposit or check
  • Enter your bank account information for direct deposit if we don't have  your direct deposit information and we haven't sent your payment yet.

Update your information

Direct deposit: Use the Get My Payment application (coming mid-April) to let us know your bank account information if we don't have your direct deposit information and we haven't sent your payment.

@Josh126

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies