Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the Refund! >> Event happening NOW!!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

If I used TurboTax Direct Deposit for my refund check, does that mean I am OK to receive the COVID Stimulus Check is direct deposit or do I have to go to the IRStoupdate?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies
Irene2805
Expert Alumni

If I used TurboTax Direct Deposit for my refund check, does that mean I am OK to receive the COVID Stimulus Check is direct deposit or do I have to go to the IRStoupdate?

Yes - You are OK to receive the stimulus check.  You don't have to do anything else.

Please see the following articles for the latest information on the stimulus check:  

Eric214
Returning Member

If the fees were taken out of my refund first and then direct deposited to my bank account. Will I be getting the stimulus check through direct deposit or by mail?

CatinaT1
Employee Tax Expert

Follow these sites for the most up to date info.  Things are changing rapidly.  Not all questions have been answered yet.

IRS Coronavirus Tax Relief

TurboTax Corona Virus Tax Center Updates

https://www.sbtpg.com/coronavirus-stimulus-payment-info/

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I have the same question. Seems that most of us are in same situation, so it seems likely that the necessary direct deposit info has been transferred to the IRS or they've had it all the time anyway.

KarenJ2
Expert Alumni

Yes, if you provided the IRS with your bank account information on your return, they have the information needed to deposit your stimulus check.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies