Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

dteddy19
Returning Member

If I filed my taxes using the Turbotax CD version for 2020 and now must amend them. How can I proceed if the 2020 CD version cant generate an amended return yet?

Can I amend my 2020 return on your website if I filed my return using TurboTax CD?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

If I filed my taxes using the Turbotax CD version for 2020 and now must amend them. How can I proceed if the 2020 CD version cant generate an amended return yet?

No.   The software is not yet available for amending a 2020 return--not online or in the CD/download.  When you amend-----sometime after the 1040X becomes available at the end of March----you do that using the desktop software that you used to prepare your original return.   You just have to wait for now.   You cannot amend 2020 yet.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Is this working in the 2020 CD Version yet?

Need to add a W-2 to an already e-filed return.

In yesterdays update, you can now click "Amend a return". But it never has you select a TurboTax file, and seems a bit broken.

Am I doing something wrong?

Cynthiad66
Expert Alumni

The Amended CD version is still under construction.  However, you should go into Forms mode to see if you can locate the Form 1040X for editing.

Before you started amending you need to make a copy of your return and work in the copy so you don't lose the original return.  See if you have another .tax2018 file on your computer.  To make a copy go up to File-Save As.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies