Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

How long will it take to receive refund after faxing 1095a form and 8962

I received a letter regarding 1095- a faxed it the next day!! My little processing bar went away so I think they received it and  my TT has always been 152 and I am just waiting .. Geese!! Anyone affected this year??

i am and still waiting it still tells me its processing and that a refund date will be avaliable when its ready

JakailaLO
Intuit Alumni

Please try calling the WMR automated hotline: 1-800-829-1954 or visit the IRS website.    

Please see below.    

Why is there no record of my return at Where's My Refund ...   

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

• Call turbo tax live cpa, they will walk you through filling out form 8962

Market place insurance...you pay back the discount given to you...obama care for ya

I think you may  be mistaken . several are reporting they are actually getting a higher refund after submitting their 1095 info. In my case i made more money in 2019 than 2018 so my refund decreased by 112 dollars. my discount was roughly 300 a month so im far from paying it back.

i didnt have to pay them anything back nor did it affect my refund my amount never changed now im just waiting on them

If you have the market place insurance, they will deduct whatever discount they gave you from your refund...one of my dependent has the market place insurance and $1100 was deducted from my refund.

KatrinaLO
Intuit Alumni

You would need to contact the IRS for further assistance regarding this matter. Their phone number is 800-829-1040. https://www.irs.gov/help/telephone-assistance

diamik21

I was supposed to receive my refund on the 6th, when it did not come by the 14th of (February), so when  did not get it by the 17th I called the IRS. No definite response, except it's being processed. Received a letter on the 23rd, that I needed the form 8962, I told them of my (hardship) raising my 2 grands, I was told to Fax it by my (Assigned Advocate). I did, 2 weeks went by no response, called her and she said she faxed the info, which I did that 2 weeks prior. Well she said she would talk to me soon. I ended up calling her supervisor, the voicemail says she will return the calls in 24 to 48 hours, that was 2 weeks ago, no return call. I went on the chat and explained my situation. Finally, my advocate called and said she would call me Friday. But there is no guarantee that I will receive it. So the 2, 3 weeks later, still no refund. Tomorrow is Friday. The IRS will not talk to you because you have an Advocate. But they did tell me that my Advocate has the power to get it to me ASAP, she said that's NOT TRUE!!! My Question??? What is the purpose of the "Advocate" who is supposed to "help" you to expedite the situation and you cannot contact them, no one from the Advocates office will speak to you? Giving you hope that they will help you in "hardships" and they take you around and around and ….

DaraLO
Intuit Alumni

@diamik21 We don't have the answers to those questions.  That best we can do is refer you to the website for the Taxpayer Advocate Service:  https://taxpayeradvocate.irs.gov/

I have been waiting for 4wks with no change in refund when you call the irs they want even tell u if the form has been received i dont know what to do......

AkinaLO
Intuit Alumni

There's no way for us to know for sure what the IRS timing will be for this. Your best bet is to keep an eye on  

Where's My Refund

Here's more refund information. IRS FAQ page.  

I faxed my 8962 in 4 weeks ago and still have no date.

JakailaLO
Intuit Alumni

Unfortunately, TurboTax does not get any information regarding your return after it has been filed.  If you want to find the status you may have some luck at your local IRS office.  This will allow you to search by zip code:  Local IRS Offices

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies