Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I received a letter from IRS saying the tax returned filed is different from what IRS received. 1099 K form that they received - I never received this form.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

I received a letter from IRS saying the tax returned filed is different from what IRS received. 1099 K form that they received - I never received this form.

you can go to IRS website and download a transcript for whatever year the notice concerns   or you can call the IRS at number in notice.  TT never receives any info from the IRS (or others for that matter) so it would not know why the IRS says you have a 1099K when you say you never received one  - could you have moved.    also check the year the notice is referring to.  it might not be 2018.    a 1099k is for    Payment Card and Third Party Network
Transactions - such as selling items on EBay etc.  

ee-ea
Level 15

Should you have received a 1099K for your 2017 tax return?  See this from the IRS  https://www.irs.gov/businesses/understanding-your-1099-k

ee-ea
Level 15

Should you have received a 1099K for your 2017 tax return?  See this from the IRShttps://www.irs.gov/businesses/understanding-your-1099-k 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies