Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I never received my 2019 federal tax refund

The IRS says they never received it yet you sent me an email that stated they accepted it
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies

All you can do now is print it, sign it with a pen, and mail it to the IRS.  If you still have the email from TT saying it was accepted, send a copy of that along as well.  There is no penalty if you are due a refund.

I used Turbo Tax 2019 to compute and send my 2019 federal and state income tax.  The license code for the turbotax deluxe I used was [product key removed].  The state and federal returns were submitted electonically on Feb 14, 2020 and I received a notice that they were accept.  I received the expected refund from the state of California but on March 12, 2020 I received a letter from the IRS asking for more information, including a copy of pages 1 and 2 of my return, supporting documents verifying income and withholding and a copy of their letter.  I sent the requested information by mail on March 17,2020.  I checked the IRS website several times over the next few months for the status of my return, and it always said processing.  I never received my refund and when I checked the website again in Sept 2020, there was no listing or explanation of what the problem was.

When I used turbotax this year (5PYU-PMGJ-ABUN-LSF5) to submit my 2020 tax return last week, I received a notice that it was not accepted because the AGI provided by turbotax for last year did not agree with their records. 

What should I do.  I have double checks the 2019 return and I can find no problem with the information provided.

Lynn Fairbanks

So I sent my 2019 refund by mail in January. Yes I was late but they owed me. I never got a confirmed received receipt from the irs. I did get one from state along with that refund. I had to use a downloaded version from turbo tax since it was a year behind. Should I resend or be patient? I’m not doing my 2020 refund until I get my 2019 back. Also how can I check on my refund if I forget how much I’m due back? 

@Emilie_838 Nothing is ever going to show up on the IRS refund site for a 2019 tax return now.  That site only shows information for 2020 tax returns.    You used the CD/download so it should be pretty easy for you to open up the program and look at your tax return to see how much your 2019 refund is supposed to be.   Look on line 21a of your 2019 Form 1040.

Mailed returns are taking a VERY long time to be processed so you may be waiting for awhile.   The only way to know if the IRS received it would be if you got a receipt from using a mailing service with tracking.   

Not sure why you are waiting for the refund from 2019 to prepare your 2020 return---unless you expect to owe for 2020 and want to pay with that refund.   If that is the case---do you realize that if you have tax due your penalties and interest are adding up since you missed the filing deadline for 2020?   There is no penalty for filing late if you are getting a refund for 2020.

If you are wondering if you should send your return again——the IRS does not want you to file a second time.   Putting two tax returns into the system at the same time can lead to confusion and even more delays.   If you did not use tracking and do not know if the return was received—-you have to make your own judgement call and decide if you want to risk further delay by sending the return again.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

The IRS says they deposited it into some bank in UT.  Total typo on my direct deposit #.

I've filed two form 3911s/no response and can't get anyone on the phone.

DaraLO
Intuit Alumni

"If you entered a valid (but incorrect) account number that doesn't belong to you, there's usually nothing to worry about. Most banks won't deposit tax refunds into accounts where the names don't match. You can try calling the IRS to stop the direct deposit if your return hasn't been posted to their system yet. For security reasons, the IRS can't re-route your refund to a different account, so you’ll get your refund via a paper check." 

ReferenceWhat if I entered the wrong bank account for direct deposit?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies