turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I need to see my complete 2017 and 2018 tax return. It only shows me one page

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies

For tax year 2017 -

To access your  prior year online tax returns sign onto the TurboTax website with the userID you used to create the account - https://myturbotax.intuit.com/

Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and on the section Your tax returns & documents click on Show.  Click on 2017 and Click on Download/print return (PDF)

For tax year 2018 -

When you sign onto your online account and land on the Tax Home web page, scroll down and click on Add a state.  

This will take you back to the 2018 online tax return.

Click on Tax Tools on the left side of the online program screen.  Then click on Print Center.  Then click on Print, save or preview this year's return.  Choose the option Include government and TurboTax worksheets

Let's deal with the 2018 return first, and I'll ask you about 2017 at the bottom of this post.   Have you already filed your 2018 return?   When you download the 2018 PDF at the Tax Home in the section "Your Tax Returns & Documents", does your PDF only have 1 page?    Starting for 2018 returns, there is a new Form 1040.   Page 1 and Page 2 of the new 1040 are only half-page in length.  They will both print on the same side of the page.   So Pages 1 and 2 will be on one side of the page.     If  you are supposed to have additional forms and schedules that are not in your PDF, as well as the optional worksheets, the steps below will allow you get larger 2018 PDFs at the Print Center.

NOTE:  When you open your return back up, do not make any changes in it since it's already been filed.

• Log in and go to "Your Tax Returns & Documents."  Click that line or on the word SHOW to expand that section.
  • Choose 2018 tax year.
  • Click on "Add a State."  (you don't really add one.  That's just to open your return back up.)
  • After the return is open, click in the left menu column on TAX TOOLS, then PRINT CENTER.
  • Then choose "Print, save, view this year's return."
  • The next screen should offer 3 options:  "Just my tax returns", or "include government worksheets (optional)", or "include government and TurboTax worksheets (optional.)"
  • See if one of those PDFs has what you need.   The latter option has the most pages.

NOTE:  Do NOT use this method to open a return to make changes/edits to an already-filed return (one that has actually been mailed or efiled.)   If you later need to make changes to an already-filed return, you have to go through the formal amending process, and your return must start off exactly as originally filed.

NOTE:  Remember all PDF tax documents and tax data files are very sensitive files, since they contain your personal ID info, financial data, and possibly bank account numbers, etc.  Be sure to store them safely and securely to guard against computer theft, hacking, etc.

Now for the 2017 return.    What happens when you go to the section "Your Tax Returns & Documents", expand the section, choose tax year 2017, and download/print the PDF?    Does it also have only one page?    If so, that can be normal if it is a Form 1040-EZ.  See DoninGA's additional reply on this page about a 2017 return.

For 2017 if your federal tax return was a Form 1040EZ that is only one page.  Forms 1040A and 1040 are two pages for 2017.

For 2018 there is only a Form 1040.  Forms 1040A and 1040EZ are no longer used.

The 2018 Form 1040 is two half pages.  The printout of the form 1040 combine both halves onto own page.

IRS Form 1040 (2018) - https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f1040.pdf

Crochetkid24
Returning Member

I cannot open a 2-page view of form 1040 in 2018's tax forms that I saved as a PDF. I went back into the TurboTax program and I can see both pages of the 1040 but I cannot download or printout the 2nd page. What is the bug in the program that is preventing the 2nd page from downloading in the PDF or printing on the printer?

@Crochetkid24 wrote:

I cannot open a 2-page view of form 1040 in 2018's tax forms that I saved as a PDF. I went back into the TurboTax program and I can see both pages of the 1040 but I cannot download or printout the 2nd page. What is the bug in the program that is preventing the 2nd page from downloading in the PDF or printing on the printer?

The PDF of the 2018 Form 1040 combines the 1st and 2nd page onto one sheet.  You should have the personal information section and the section for reporting income, taxes and credits - Lines 1 thru 23.

@Crochetkid24   Yes that is the NEW postcard size 1040.  Under the new tax laws for 2018 there are no more simple Form 1040EZ or 1040A's.  Everything went on a little Form 1040 that has six extra "schedules" with it.

For 2018 the new 1040 is 2 half pages but now print on 1 sheet with the Signature line in the Middle.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies