Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

What does "Your tax return is still being processed. A refund date will be provided when available." Exactly mean?

The only way to get through to someone is by calling the irs tax advocate line not the irs itself. Google IRS rax advocates line and they will be able to give you minimal information as long as its been at leadt 28days.

What does "Your tax return is still being processed. A refund date will be provided when available." Exactly mean?

That's exactly what they told me as well. Its been kicked out of normal processing but there is no reason for it if you dont hear anything by 10 weeks then call back. Thats what they said to me.

@Stultzy2424 what would I say to them? 

The IRS phone agents cannot give you any substantial information per the processing of your returns. They have limited access and are essentially giving you a "best scenario" bs answer. If they knew exactly when your return would be processed why would they tell you to call back in 10 weeks. The IRS essentially put all early filers into delayed processing i.e. "error resolution" due to vast number of early filers on 2/12. The IRS commissioner testified before congress that they were currently processing 1 million returns a week. At the time of the hearing there was a backlog of 12.4 million returns. When your return will be processed is a matter of which batch of delayed returns your return falls into. 

M605
Level 2

I wanna say this is mostly occurring with TT filers. Like I mentioned me and my sister filed same day, her with a tax expert and me with TT. and she got hers back almost immediately. Like a week later. According to her she said they were reviewing those who did their own because we are prone to more mistakes, that's where I blame TT because we do (some of us) pay them. And they state they verify so why should I have mistakes. Am I wrong?

Ok so from reading these posts should I wait to file in May..Last year I didnt receive my refund until July due to TT mistake. I may try and do mine on IRS.gov..

I live in Nevada and am having this issue.  We have no state taxes.

Last year that happened to me and yes I got a letter that said I was under a 60 day review.  My taxes went in from TT as incomplete so I new why at that point.  I did mine with an outside agency this year and it went right through.  I already got them back the end of February.  My daughters both use TT and the love it... didn't work for me.

Good luck,

Damico11

I still haven’t gotten mine! Accepted on the 15th

What I'm gathering from this forum is don't use turbo tax ever again. Everyone is saying its a turbo tax problem.

I have no clue whats going on with my return i filed last year i was late filing and it had been since 2012 since id filed and it was 4/2/2020 when I filed turbo tax I had to do the 5071c letter of identity verification 8/6 finally got the 2,400 stimulas 9/14/2020 have 1child the lady said it be 9weeks on my return. I stoll have jot got it and its been 1year but 8 filed this year 2/13/2021 and recieved my refund plus the 600 stimulas on 3/2/2021 I have no clue whats going g on last ti.e I called was 2/28/2021 and they said they had send my return to another dept said they sent a letter on 9/22 but I didn't get one and I had to wait 60days either they would send me a letter or call or send the return  and I've seen nothing I don't understand getting g the 2nd before the 1st one does anyone know what could be going on the only thing differe t from the returns is the credit a d deductions differ I could really use it to move my ko ile ho.e I bought

I'm waiting gonna last yeRs too I received this years but not last year I can't make an account t because I don't ha e any student loans or mortgage or credit card how else can I find out when I get it. I looked at my returns and both r almost same they aren't any mistakes so idk what goin on

Yep! I did mine on Valentines Day and the get my payment tool still says this message!

Same. Filed on the 28th of January and was accepted on the 13th of Feb. Wmr site said accepted for about 2 weeks then to the your refund is still being processed and a refund date will be given when available. Called irs and man said return looked fine. But was sent to the return department for further investigation ig. When I spoke to the lady there she couldn't give any information other than it got sent to her department and could take up to 10 weeks. And if I dont hear anything within that timeframe call back. I moved 2 weeks after I filed and made sure to change my address with them in case they decided to send a letter. But I asked her and she said no letter was sent from them. So....it looks like we hurry up and wait. 9 yrs with tt and never had this issue. Guaranteed I won't this upcoming tax season.😉. But many people have had same message and theirs has changed with refund date or they have checked their accounts and money was deposited into account.  

Same here. Tried setting up account but dont have loan, house, or credit cards either. Does anyone know another way to setup account so I can view transcripts to maybe get a refund date??? Help please!!!!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies