Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

I got a letter from IRS to mail/fax a 1095a and a 8962 form. How will I know they have received it? How long does it generally take to get confirmation?

I mailed mine last week because the fax kept saying busy ! so I tried to fax it again today (a week later) and it said it went through.... Hopefully the 'mail' and 'faxing' of the documents doesn't confuse the IRS lol

I got a letter from IRS to mail/fax a 1095a and a 8962 form. How will I know they have received it? How long does it generally take to get confirmation?

the letter i got says [phone number removed]

how do you know if you're daily or weekly?

BrandiLO
Intuit Alumni

@vickyjenkins78, I'm not sure I understand your question. If it is in regards to the updates on the WMR (Where's My Refund), the system updates daily, usually overnight. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

The number I used for this year was [phone number removed]. That number was given to me directly by an IRS rep.

It said in the letter not to do that... it says it will delay your refund even further. 

I'm not sure what you're referencing in regards to delaying your return even further.....could you please elaborate?

AkinaLO
Intuit Alumni

@Sabrinajeanne2 can you please repost your question? We are happy to help.

The fax number is eight five five two zero four five zero two zero

You do NOT need to amend your Tax Return!!!

All you need to do is log into Turbo Tax and do the following:

Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on Add State.

On the left side of the screen it will bring up a list of options,  click on Federal, then click on add a form.

Up at the top you'll see credits and deductions, click on that. 

Scroll down and look for the 1095 A Healthcare tab, click on the start button to the right. 

Once it opens you can enter the information from the 1095 A form you received in the mail or printed off.

Once you've entered your information it will take you back through several more questions and do the review of your tax return.  Once that's completed you can either print or save your tax return and form 8962 will now be in there. 

If you've already electronically filed your return,  all you have to do is print off a copy of form 8962, make a copy of form 1095 A and either fax or mail it to the fax number/ mailing address printed at the top of the letter you received from the IRS.  Unless they specifically request a copy of your entire tax return, you do not need to send it.   They will recalculate your refund and send you a notice of any changes. 

You are one of the lucky ones..... I've been trying to fax my paperwork in for the last two days and I keep getting a busy signal.   It's my understanding that they ask you to allow them two weeks processing time from the date you fax it and it could take an additional eight to twelve weeks to receive your refund. 

Could you please tell me which number to call so I can confirm with them if they’ve received my faxed documents?

EbonyA
Intuit Alumni

@Zarakhan298 the IRS can be reached at  (800) 829-1040.

@EbonyA Thanks. I called in the morning - waited for two hours just to have the lady say there was no way for me to confirm if they had received my faxed documents or not. She was pretty rude 

So I was wondering if there’s any other number just to confirm with them if they’ve received my documents? 

TiffanyL
Intuit Alumni

Unfortunately, only the IRS can provide information on the status of a fax that was sent to them. They do advise that faxes can take several weeks for them to be acknowledged as received. The number that you called was the correct number to contact the IRS.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies