Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I have used all 5 licenses on my purchased 2022 Home & Business. I need to amend one of my returns. How do I increase the number of licenses?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

9 Replies

I have used all 5 licenses on my purchased 2022 Home & Business. I need to amend one of my returns. How do I increase the number of licenses?

You cannot increase the number of e-files you get with the license.  The limit is an IRS limit.   But if you are not able to e-file the amended return you can send it in the mail.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Thanks.  I have already amended and filed the return I need to amend again (corrected 1099-DIV).  I would like to use Turbotax even if I have to mail it in.  However, Turbotax is combining the 2 amendments and not allowing just the second amendment.  Since the 1st amended return has been filed,  I thought it should show only the 2nd amended amounts.  Maybe the IRS wants them combined.  I don't know.  Also, when I get to the print for mailing screen, it does not allow me to continue on.

Ken Templin

When you amend for the second time did you start with the first amended return?  You should be able to mail it.  Just ignore any efile errors.  

And the 5 licenses shouldn't have anything to do with this.  That's not the same as the 5 efiles.  But I think you have to print and mail a 2nd amended return. If it won't print the switch to Forms Mode and open the 1040X and print it.  

Thanks.  Turbotax did not start with the 1st amended return.  It started with the original return.  How do I get it to start with the amended return?

Ken Templin

if TurboTax desktop program  is jumbling Tax return No.1 with Tax return No.2 you've got a serious problem on your hands.

@kjtemplin 

HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

So we can take a closer look at your specific situation, please reach out to us directly using the Help Article here.  This ensures you will get to the correct department as quickly as possible.  

@kjtemplin 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Thanks for reaching out.  I tried to navigate to the site where I can enter my question but the link was not found.  There has to be an easier way.  Please provide a phone number or online contact link where I can talk or chat with someone.

Thanks

Ken Templin

I was able to get the a portion of the program to work.  I removed the 2nd amended changes, saved the file, deleted the TurboTax cache file and restarted my computer.  I was now able to get the 2nd amended return by itself and not combined with the 1st amended return.

However, the program would not bring up the menu to select the forms recommended for filing.  Instead I got all the forms.  And when I went to the "File a Return", it assumed an efile even though I selected by mail. I could not efile as I had used all my 5 licenses.  These are program errors.

Ken Templin

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

It would be best to follow the  instructions here, to give us a call so we can better assist you with this. @kjtemplin 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies