Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

addy84961

I have been trying to finish taxes for 2 weeks now, but cant get the direct deposit page to load. How do I get past this issue?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

16 Replies
CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

I have been trying to finish taxes for 2 weeks now, but cant get the direct deposit page to load. How do I get past this issue?

Try closing TurboTax, clear your Cache and Cookies, and reopen TurboTax.  Also, make sure you have ran all updates. You can also try a different browser.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I am having this same issue with my State income tax.  I have used direct deposit every year since available but it will not allow me to file it with that.

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

Have you tried closing TurboTax, clear your Cache and Cookies, and reopen TurboTax.  Also, make sure you have ran all updates. You can also try a different browser.

I have cleared my cache and cookies and also tried using a different browser (Chrome) It still will not let me file it.  The message is Direct Deposit should not be checked.  This is very frustrating.  How do I complete and send my tax return if I cannot choose that option that I have used previously and successfully?

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

Many things have been corrected in the latest updates to TurboTax. Are you still experiencing this problem?

Make sure you have ran all updates. 

If using TurboTax Online: Clear your cache and cookies. See this FAQ, for your particular browser.

If using TurboTax Desktop: Please see this FAQ.

ISH1920

I too am having this issue.  Cleared cache, tried different browsers restarted computer & still can't get direct deposit page to load

Any solutions yet?!

Cynthiad66
Expert Alumni

Sounds like your computer may be experiencing a loop.  Let's clear your cookies, history and cache' then reboot.

Cookies are small files that temporarily store data on your computer. We use them to personalize your experience so you see information you already entered and not items that are irrelevant or repetitive.

On rare occasions, they may make your browser think you already did something that you still need to do. To fix that, you'll need to delete (clear) the cookies from your browser.

Each browser has a slightly different method for deleting cookies. Choose the browser you're using:

Related Information:

@ISH1920 

If you run into this problem or you are still having this problem, ask TurboTax Support to send you the download version to install on a computer.  You will need to fool the online program into thinking you will be filing by mail.  Once you get the message I'm Done, you will go to the Tax Home page and download your .tax file to be continued in the desktop program provided by support.  The last thing you will need is a state unlock since there is a filing fee for state in the desktop program.  However, you paid all of that in the online version.  Stay on the phone with support until you get your file transmitted.  

The issue continued and kept giving me that response even after taking the steps given.  It took over a week for it to resolve.  I finally went back in and tried to submit it again and it went successfully.

The route I gave, I have done over and over successfully with customers.  I'm glad you were able to solve your problem.  

EB3000

This is the answer, although it was clunky and the rep didn't immediately want to do this.  I also had to pay an additional $25 dollars even though the code said state was included.

@EB3000  Only the state PROGRAM download was free.  In the Desktop program you get one free state PROGRAM download to prepare unlimited state returns. Then each state return (including the first one) is $20 to efile, usually goes up to $25 March 1. Or you can print and mail state for free.  

EB3000

Good information, I had already paid online though to file my taxes for both Federal and State. It would seem odd online to have to do a separate transaction again when filing, but who knows! I'm just glad this solved the issue, I had tried multiple times a day all week to get this to submit.

It would be nice if customer service knew about this solution and was able to limit the extra calls and troubleshooting, thanks Kim for posting!

I don't normally respond to these, but I was having the same problem and refuse to pay more for something because the system doesn't work.

The people I talked to on the phone were very nice, but not helpful. I received the same advise of "try a different browser" and "clear your cache/cookies". It is not our computers; I can only assume it's a hole in the website.

***Solution***

I downloaded the TurboTax App. Signed into my account. It loaded past the initial direct deposit step that would not load on the website. It would not let me digitally connect my bank account, but I was able to manually type in my bank account information. Total success in continuing through the final "sign and file" steps.

Hope this helps!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies