Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I got emails saying that I'd get an advance and that I wont get advance. trying to figure out if I will or not. I shouldn't have to pay $30 to ask a person that.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

9 Replies
MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

I got emails saying that I'd get an advance and that I wont get advance. trying to figure out if I will or not. I shouldn't have to pay $30 to ask a person that.

The Refund Advance program is run through First Century Bank, a partner site, and they are responsible for determining if you qualify. Please see  the below TurboTax FAQ for additional information about the Refund Advance program:

About Refund Advance

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Simplelife21
Returning Member

When did u file, when was it accepted and which company sent the emails 

Steph08
Returning Member

Who did the email come from? Trying to figure out if I was approved or not as well. As I submitted for an advance last week and haven't seen a single email about approval or denial. 

EbonyA
Intuit Alumni

Please review the How will I know if I'm approved for Refund Advance and how long does it usually take? section of the FAQ below for further details:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/refunds/help/about-the-refund-advance-application-process/00/25557

Steph08
Returning Member

EbonyA, I have read both areas and neither answer my question. 

EbonyA
Intuit Alumni

The FAQ states that if you are approved, you will then be notified of of the approval amount via email along with further details for accessing the temporary card. 

Steph08
Returning Member

@EbonyA  Right, but who will the email be coming from? I already have my card and created the turbo card account. I still have yet to hear anything about the advance approval. And my return was accepted yesterday. 

EbonyA
Intuit Alumni

@Steph08 the email is either going to come from Intuit or First Century Bank.

Scrain
Returning Member

I called them, regardless of what you read on this site, the person I spoke to at First Century Bank said if you’re denied its takes up to 30 days to receive a denial letter. What doesn’t make any sense to me is, I got an email from Green Dot that said I was denied before the IRS even accepted my return. I have checked my email continuously every day since I filed. I keep getting emails to finish setting up my Turbo Tax Debit Card, which is already completely set up, but no email from First Century Bank. I had to search this website for a number to call. Such a waste of time, and very misleading. Mind you, I don’t even want the Turbo Tax Debit Card. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies