`

I filed on May 8th, and my tax return was accepted the same day. My refund is still being "processsed" according to the IRS.

As the subject states, I still have not received any update.

I have used the [phone number removed] number for a direct agent, but the number states that there is too many calls being received, and automatically hangs up on me.  The [phone number removed] number goes to a holding line, but then is muted, and hangs up.

What are my current options? Should I try at a different time? Should I keep trying the 919-985 number?

Hello @chiseled!

Typically after tax returns are received by the IRS, refunds are issued within 21 days but due to recent changes due to Covid-19 your tax return may take longer to process.

You can check the status of your return/refund at Irs.gov

We also have a great article on the subject: Where's My Tax Refund? 

Otherwise, if you are seeing that your return status has not been updated, according to the IRS:

"Some tax returns take longer to process than others for many reasons. We will contact you by mail when we need more information to process your return."

You can find more information and other FAQ with Irs.gov 

Also, you can try getting in contact with the IRS here

Hope that helps!

Adrian E

Hello,

Thank you for your reply.

I contacted the IRS and spoke with a representative, and they stated that nothing was ever received, even though Turbotax states that it has been accepted. So, nothing was ever e-filed. I can confirm that I did hit the orange button and to e-file, and all steps on my end have been taken.

Thanks for your response @chiseled

If that is the case you may want to reach out to our customer support for further assistance so that they can look into the specifics of your return.

Please feel free to reach out to our live customer service representatives for assistance with your questions or concerns: What is the TurboTax phone number? 

Thank you!

Adrian E