Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

I filed my taxes on January 27, 2020 and the were accepted January 28, 2020. When I log on to the IRS where is my refund. It says we have no information.

Sorry but this is unhelpful. I am no longer residing in the United States and my previous address has received no letter or notification from the IRS listing that any additional info is needed. I am also unable to call anyone because I don’t live there anymore. If anyone else is experiencing this please let me know. 

Claytesia
Returning Member

I filed my taxes on January 27, 2020 and the were accepted January 28, 2020. When I log on to the IRS where is my refund. It says we have no information.

I have this same problem. Filed January 27th both state and federal got accepted next day. Got my state February 19th. Have not received a off set letter. Wheres my refund has not promted me to contact the irs. Dont have access to tax transcript. Did have earned income credit and child tax credit. 

CassLO
Intuit Alumni

@Claytesia If you were showing Tax Topic 152 simply means your return is still in the processing stage and topics and bars disappearing mean the process is moving along.

The general timeline of e-filed returns is: Transmission > Acceptance > Processing > Approval > Refund.

The IRS started processing returns later than in prior years and as such has a backlog to work through. They also just recently started processing returns claiming EIC and/or ACTC.

During processing, the government reviews your refund. During the review process, they look for math errors on your return (extremely rare in TurboTax) and they also check if you owe back taxes, unpaid child support, or other debts.

If they need to make any corrections, they may offset (reduce) your refund. In some cases, the correction might even increase your refund. You can also check for refund offsets by calling the IRS. See this link for information:Topic No. 203 Reduced Refund

Once that part's done, the government approves your refund, which means it's ready to be deposited or sent.  At that point the IRS site will update with a direct deposit date.

Some 2019 federal refunds are delayed due to the PATH Act

Note: Be sure when checking Where’s My Federal Refund? site that you are entering only your Federal refund amount. This can be found on your Federal form 1040, line 21a. If you paid any fees out of your federal refund, use the refund figure prior to the deduction of he fees. Also if you filed joint, be sure to enter the filers name that appears first on the return

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Marcashar

I filed my taxes on Feb 26 with Direct Deposit,  the federal return was accepted the same night AND I received a confirmation acceptance email, but I still havent recieved my taxes and when I search on Wheres my refund tool, it gives me a message that says to wait 24 hours and shows nothing about my status, not pending or accepted or approved, nothing. What's going on? If they arent here by tomorrow, I wont be able to pay my car. 

TerukoL
Intuit Alumni

TurboTax does not receive updates from the IRS once they have accepted your return.  If it has been more than 21 days since your return was accepted,  You will need to contact the IRS  at 1-800-829-1040 and follow the prompts for a live representative. The person that you speak with will have direct access to your tax return and be able to provide you with a status update. 

When you call, make sure you have the following information:

• tax year
  • social security number
  • filing status
  • exact refund amount

Please click When will I get my IRS tax refund? to learn more.

I field my taxes in January and I still have not gotten my federal refund.

CassLO
Intuit Alumni

@Trevor19971 . Be sure when checking Where’s My Federal Refund? site that you are entering only your Federal refund amount. This can be found on your Federal form 1040, line 21a. If you paid any fees out of your federal refund, use the refund figure prior to the deduction of he fees. Also if you filed joint, be sure to enter the filers name that appears first on the return.

Unfortunately, TurboTax does not receive any updates from the IRS once your return is "Accepted". If the Where’s My Federal Refund? site shows your tax return is processing,  during this time the government reviews your refund. During the review process, they look for math errors on your return (extremely rare in TurboTax) and they also check if you owe back taxes, unpaid child support, or other debts. 

If they need to make any corrections, they may offset (reduce) your refund. In some cases, the correction might even increase your refund.

Once that part's done, the government approves your refund, which means it's ready to be deposited or sent. At that point the IRS site will update with a direct deposit date. 

The general timeline of e-filed returns is: Transmission > Acceptance > Processing > Approval > Refund.

Note: Once your refund status on the IRS shows "Refund Sent" it can take 1 to 5 business days approximately, for the financial institution to deposit fund into your account. 

Please see the links below for more information:

I filed my taxes January 28th I was suppose to get a refund for 2599.00 but got a offset letter for $80 so I should still be getting 2518.00. February 26th I still hadn't recieved my refund BUT they took the $80 I owed them . I called February 28th and spoke to irs they said delay due to an error and were still processing  .. here we are in May and still don't have my refund.  Must be nice ... they process my return enough to take the $80 I owe them but hold onto my money smh 

Waiting is frustrating—refunds are taking longer in many cases.  These are not normal times.  It is not possible for TurboTax to speed up the IRS for you.  It seems to be taking longer than usual for them to process returns.  They are short staffed; and they are processing millions of tax returns at the same time that they have been burdened with the task of processing millions of stimulus checks.  The IRS is not taking calls right now.

https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tools/efile-status-lookup/

TurboTax gives you an estimated date for receiving your refund based on a 21 day average from your date of acceptance, but it can take longer.  Many refunds are taking longer during the pandemic. 

Once your federal return has been accepted by the IRS, only the IRS has any control. TurboTax does not receive any updates from the IRS. Your ONLY source of information about your refund now is the IRS.

You need your filing status, your Social Security number and the exact amount  (line 20 of your Form 1040) of your federal refund to track your Federal refund:   

https://www.irs.gov/refunds      

To track your state refund:    

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899433-how-do-i-track-my-state-refund

Same. I filed Jan. 27th and was accepted same day. I am still waiting. IRS tool states "We have received your tax return and it is being processed." It has been saying this since Feb 8th.

Exactly the same. It’s wild. I don’t understand how I can get my state and still be waiting five months for federal. I could do with the money. 

right like I know turbo tax cant control it but its bull. Then the irs gives people an "extension" like they are helping people come to find out they charged people interest who already owed money .... soooo are we gonna get interest for a 5 month delay of OUR PAYMENT ... obviously not . such a scam 

More than likely we should receive at least 10% interest owed. IRS quick to take it from you but slow as heck to give it back. Received state and stimulus in record time, but no federal. Our tax refund is not like some favor the government gives you, we worked for that money and we deserve it in a timely manner. We earned it they did not.

right they took the 80.00 I owed still havent received federal 

Did you get your refund it's been four weeks since you filed? Were you ever able to track your refund, I'm having the same issue

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies