Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the Refund! >> Event happening NOW!!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I filed my taxes here in turbo tax but dontknow how to send them to the IRS n make sure they get it please help

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

I filed my taxes here in turbo tax but dontknow how to send them to the IRS n make sure they get it please help

How you file your tax return is in the File section of the program when you complete all 3 Steps.  The method of filing is in Step 3 to either e-file or print the tax return for mailing.

To e-file - 

1. Select File in the left-hand menu (expand your browser window if you don't see this, or go to the hamburger menu in the top left corner).
  2. On the Just one more step screen, follow steps 1 and 2 if you haven't already.
  3. Select the Start button to the right of Step 3.
  4. On the Let's get ready to e-file screen, select I want to e-file.
  5. Follow the instructions to e-file your return.

To print for mailing -

1. Open your return in TurboTax Online if you haven't already.(To do this, sign in to TurboTax Online and select the Take me to my return button.)
  2. Select File and you’ll get to the [Your name], just (…) more steps and we'll file your returns screen.
  3. You'll now see 3 steps. Complete Steps 1 and 2 if you haven’t already done so, then select Start next to Step 3.
  4. On the Let’s get ready to e-file screen, select File by mail, then on the pop-up screen make sure you select File by mail for federal and all of your states.
    • If the File by mail option isn’t available, you probably previously selected to pay your TurboTax fees through your tax refund. In order to file by mail, you’ll need to instead pay with a credit or debit card. Here’s how to change your payment method from pay by refund, to pay by credit or debit card. Once you change your payment method, you'll see the File by mail option as described above. Select this and continue to Step 5.(If you're using the Free Edition of TurboTax: You obviously won't have to pay, but you'll be asked to register. Just follow the instructions on the screen after selecting File by mail as above.)
  5. Now follow the onscreen instructions to print your return. If you haven't already paid any outstanding TurboTax fees, you'll be prompted to do so before you can print.

Can only happen if you can fill out credit card information. I have yet to find a place where the CVV can be entered. I wish you well.

@lenadianes  If you are using the TurboTax online editons and need to pay for the account, in the File section on Step 1 select Pay with a credit card.  On the next screen you complete the credit card information to include the CVV number entered in the Red box labeled Security Code

TTO CC Payment.JPG

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies